Super Bowl on Getaway!!!

Crusin-Suzan

So excited...Only one small detail...Didn't look up the Superbowl date when we were deciding on wedding dates on the ship. So don't know if I'll be able to swing the game this year, seeing as our ceremony is at 2 PM. I have a feeling my new bride will not appreciate spending her night watching football, especially if it's not the Bills.

I'll be there also. I'm sure the game will be on TVs in nearly every venue and of course on the big screen in the Atrium. Should be fun!

Tracy

I would not be so confident. last year we had a very hard time getting It.....apparently they have to pay extra for the feed, and they did not. Eventually we got it on in 1 bar !!!! But this was after half time !!!:eek:

All you people on there join the Meet and Greet!!! Will be great as many officers showing up!!! Except Yoyoma44! You will be busy. Where is the wedding???

Moderno...just finished all final details today with no time to spare.

2 years ago we sailed on a Saturday out of NYC. A very big playoff game involving the NE Patriots was to be on Sunday night and many cruisers were wearing Team shirts on boarding.

No one on the ship knew of any plans to televise the game and I thought there was going to be a riot. By game time, the game was only in the Champagne Bar and there was standing room only.

Maybe they have learned about the fans wanting the game by now.

Lynda

We have sailed RCCL twice for Super Bowl and each time they would set up food and bars in the ice skating venue and broadcast the game on the big screen. It was a commercial free broadcast because they received a constant stream. When normal commercials came on you saw and heard all the behind the scenes interactions. It was pretty cool.

As sueleekey says get on the M & G if you are on the ship and on this thread.

Yoyoma44 now is the time to set expectations for years to come, no better way to start then football on your wedding day! :D. NOT! Have a great day and hope to see you and your bride on the ship. :p

2 years ago we sailed on a Saturday out of NYC. A very big playoff game involving the NE Patriots was to be on Sunday night and many cruisers were wearing Team shirts on boarding.

No one on the ship knew of any plans to televise the game and I thought there was going to be a riot. By game time, the game was only in the Champagne Bar and there was standing room only.

Maybe they have learned about the fans wanting the game by now.

Lynda

NOT...you give them too much credit!

On Thanksgiving on the BA I watched the football games on the big screen in Spice H2O. Ten Years ago I was on a Celebrity cruise for Superbowl Sunday and they only got the game on some international feed. It was weird. There were no commercials. They didn't show the halftime show, and the announcers were explaining the rules like you had never seen a game before. Last year I was on a Carnival cruise on Superbowl Sunday and the game was on everywhere with the regular network feed.