more than one past guest number?

ginka

Just curious--can you have more than ONE past guest number? I have my past guest number on my booking, but noticed that my DH's number was not on there and I wanted us to have every chance at getting those promotional emails/offers. When I went in to add his, I did not know what it was so did the search to find the number. He has a very common name, so when i typed in his name, state and dob, it said that I had to narrow it down further becuase there were still too many to choose from and wanted me to add the ship he had sailed on. We have been on more than one Carnival cruise and on different ships, so I picked Liberty. They presented me with his past guest number based on that information, however, it was a shorted number than mine and started with a "6" as opposed to an "8" like mine. I thought that was strange , so I went thru the procedure again and this time picked a different ship (victory) and this time it gave me the longer number that started with an "8" like mine.

Just wondering why there would be 2 different numbers and how do I know which one is correct?

You mentioned he has a common name. It could be that someone on the Liberty also had his name. I would call Carnival and get his VIFP number.

For future bookings, you can put him as your travel companion in your settings and never have to search for his number again.

Edited by gone_cruisin

no unfortunatly it was several years ago and we didnt keep them. ironically, I called carnival and he DOES have 2 numbers and I had to call someone at web support to have the 2 numbers merged. weird!!