Upgrade ? Ecstasy Jan 26, 2015

Debowah

We are booked on the Jan 26 sailing on the Ecstasy. We are booked in an outside cabin on the Upper deck. Got a GREAT deal for Florida residents. I just received a call from a Carnival rep offering to upgrade us for $300 total to a Grand Suite with Extended Balcony on the same deck. Has anyone ever received this offer? Do you think it is something to consider? It is a four day cruise, with one sea day. Thank you for your input.

How long is the cruise? I think that makes a difference as well.

If it was a 7 night I would take it because we use our balcony a lot. But, $300 is a lot of money to spend and only you can really decide. I'm sure it's a really nice room!

It's a nice room, I guess it depends on if you want to spend $300 or save that for your trip. If you have little ones and will be in the room a lot I would go for it. When we have our 4 year old with us I need a balcony for when I am stuck in the room. If it were just my husband and I, I would pass on the upgrade as we would be out and about more. Either way, have fun!

Sooooo we decided to go for it. It will give us an experience that we might otherwise not ever be able to afford. Day 2 is a Key West day from 7:30 - 1:30 and Day 3 is a Cozumel day from 1:30-10:30, so I feel that we will be able to "get our monies worth". Thank you to everyone that gave their opinion, it is truly appreciated.