Things to do in Puerto Rico

Jerseyboy3

I have a Sunday cruise out of Puerto Rico but I am kicking around the idea of going in the day before to avoid any potential flight issues. Looking for some cool things to do in PR on a Saturday if I do decide to go the day before. FYI.....I'm going with my girlfriend in case anyone was curious as to what the audience would be.

Thanks in advance :-)

My husband & I spent a week before/after our honeymoon cruise in Puerto Rico. If your not afraid to go off the beaten path, I know a bunch more things but here are a few to get you started:

Tour the forts: El Morro & Cristobol

Downtown San Juan: go to Barrachina. They invented the Pina Colada http://www.barrachina.com/indexb.php Try the mofungo

Hike in the rainforest: El Yunque

Kayak the BioBay. This is the one we did. They were really fun, tour guides were great http://kayakingpuertorico.com/index.html

Tour the Bacardi Factory (its free!)

On out trip to Puerto Rico we did the Bacardi Tour that is a good time (and free)

We also did a hose drawn carrige tour of downtown. It is really awesome and romantic to do with your girlfriend. The horses are to your left as your leaving the port area about 1/2mile, just past the last port area (where the water taxi is) in front of the small outdoor market.

Just walking Old San Juan is fun in itself. But on past trips

I have done the Segway tour 3 times, love it. Also did the food tour one year and really had a great time, I think it was the Flavors of San Juan although the other food tour has great reviews also. Considered doing another food tour this year it but decided to eat at Barrachina's instead to try their Pina Colada's I've heard so much about and see their free Flamenco show instead this year.

This year decided to do something different since I already had done the stroll the streets and we are doing a tour with archtours a architect who gets great reviews and does a history tour of Old San Juan. Looking forward to a bit more in depth perspective.

(yes I love this itinerary leaving in a week for #4 taking another sister with me this time:D)

Edited by dolfndreams

I will be on the same cruise on the 22nd! I have been a few cruises, but never to Puerto Rico. We are flying in the night before as well. I figure we can drop the luggage at the port early and then explore. Is there a lot within walking distance from the port?

I will be on the same cruise on the 22nd! I have been a few cruises, but never to Puerto Rico. We are flying in the night before as well. I figure we can drop the luggage at the port early and then explore. Is there a lot within walking distance from the port?

Yes, if your cruising with carnival then drop your bags and go explore. The forts are within walking distance and there is actually a free trolley that brings you from fort to fort (idk where you catch it in OSJ we always just walk). Also a great CVS about a block away for any last minute things you forgot. Easy port to get around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is Old San Juan within walking distance of the cruise terminal?

It depends on which terminal you're cruising out of. Carnival docks in OSJ, and, from experience, it's right in the middle of everything. Royal Caribbean docks at the Pan-American pier, which I believe is closer to Condado. I'm not sure if it's within walking distance of Condado, but we stayed in that part of town in 2013, and it's really nice.