How long is the Emerald at Costa Maya when it is re-routed?

bladerunner6

Special circumstances may mean special hours,but on a normal stop there, we docked around 9am and left around 7pm. Enjoy the beach in Mahahoul if that's your thing. Be careful, the beach area near the dock is sandy/rocky.

Special circumstances may mean special hours,but on a normal stop there, we docked around 9am and left around 7pm. Enjoy the beach in Mahahoul if that's your thing. Be careful, the beach area near the dock is sandy/rocky.

Thanks although I am more curious about the special circumstances.

I was on this past sailing that got rerouted. We docked around what I want to say was 8am or so and the all aboard time was 5:30pm. Not being able to research, we did the Uvelo beach excursion. (We had already done the ruins on a previous cruise.) If you want a pretty beach, this may not be your thing. Lots of sea grass and such. Snorkeling was pretty good although a bit murky. Drinks were what you would expect from an "all you can drink" place. A bit watered down unless you tipped well.

The good excursions booked really fast, so if you do find yourself rerouted, figure out what you want quickly and jump on it.

I was on this past sailing that got rerouted. We docked around what I want to say was 8am or so and the all aboard time was 5:30pm. Not being able to research, we did the Uvelo beach excursion. (We had already done the ruins on a previous cruise.) If you want a pretty beach, this may not be your thing. Lots of sea grass and such. Snorkeling was pretty good although a bit murky. Drinks were what you would expect from an "all you can drink" place. A bit watered down unless you tipped well.

The good excursions booked really fast, so if you do find yourself rerouted, figure out what you want quickly and jump on it.

Thanks so much.

I assume Costa Maya was on the same day that you were supposed to get to Roatan?

Also, did they compensate people for the missed port?

Thanks.

Yes. Costa Maya was on the same day that we Roatan was scheduled. No compensation was given as we didn't lose any time actually on the boat. You sail from Houston and you take your chances. Just like sailing into Belize is always iffy as the weather can be too rainy or windy to tender.

Last year, when we missed Belize and returned a day early because of fog (official reason) or Norovirus (what most people believe is the real reason), we did receive a day's credit to our stateroom cost and a "we're sorry your cruise got screwed up" future cruise credit which we used on this cruise that also got screwed up. I'm pretty sure I am jinxed somehow.

Aside from the fog and the port change issues, everything else was very nice. This ship seemed in much better shape than the CB last year. The staff was friendly. The service was good. Food was much better than the CB last year. Not of fan of the singers and dancers, but the outside entertainment with the comedian, musician, and illusionist was really enjoyable.

Bottom line, fog happens in the Houston port. Hopefully, you won't have any issues, but if you do, the ship does work hard to try and ensure that you still have a lovely time. If you find yourself in Costa Maya and you like ruins, that tour is not bad. I think the catamaran snorkeling tour is supposed to be nice. And the Uvelo beach is probably fine for people who don't expect a crystal clear, sandy beach. And the port area itself has a nice swimming pool and chairs to lay out on. Just no real beach access.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes. Costa Maya was on the same day that we Roatan was scheduled. No compensation was given as we didn't lose any time actually on the boat. You sail from Houston and you take your chances. Just like sailing into Belize is always iffy as the weather can be too rainy or windy to tender.

Last year, when we missed Belize and returned a day early because of fog (official reason) or Norovirus (what most people believe is the real reason), we did receive a day's credit to our stateroom cost and a "we're sorry your cruise got screwed up" future cruise credit which we used on this cruise that also got screwed up. I'm pretty sure I am jinxed somehow.

Aside from the fog and the port change issues, everything else was very nice. This ship seemed in much better shape than the CB last year. The staff was friendly. The service was good. Food was much better than the CB last year. Not of fan of the singers and dancers, but the outside entertainment with the comedian, musician, and illusionist was really enjoyable.

Bottom line, fog happens in the Houston port. Hopefully, you won't have any issues, but if you do, the ship does work hard to try and ensure that you still have a lovely time. If you find yourself in Costa Maya and you like ruins, that tour is not bad. I think the catamaran snorkeling tour is supposed to be nice. And the Uvelo beach is probably fine for people who don't expect a crystal clear, sandy beach. And the port area itself has a nice swimming pool and chairs to lay out on. Just no real beach access.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks, you have been fabulous!