Anyone been on the Triumph lately?

FishHuntRepeat

I'll be cruising with my boyfriend on the Jan 26, 2015 sailing. We will be on deck 6 (upper deck) towards the back starboard. We will be right above the Alchemy bar and dance club.

Anyone have any opinions of the upper deck? We are in our mid 20'S so noise shouldn't be a big issue....I hope!!

Also my BF didn't have time to apply for a passport but will travel with his ID and birth certificate. I have my passport. What kind of delays should be expect in embarkation/debarkation?

I really want to try the big slide on board, but do y'all think it will be overrun with kiddos?

This will be my second cruise. My first one was out of NOLA on the Ecstasy. We are very excited to be on a larger ship!!

Thanks in advanadvance for any info!

Edited by FishHuntRepeat

As long as he has original birth certificate there should be no delays. We have passports and have cruised with others with DL and BC and there is not much of a difference in boarding.

Should not be a lot of kids on your cruise at this time so the slide should be fine. We always cruise in the summer with lots of kids and always find some time to enjoy the slide.

Enjoy your cruise

I rode the slide on Triumph over 100 times in 5 days. With a January sailing, there won't be a ton of kids on board, but there will always be some. Even with March & April sailings, when there are plenty of kids, there always seems to be plenty of times when the waterslides have little to no line. It will be crazy long at times though. It seemed that around 3:00-6:00, the slide has little to no line.

Being above the dance club will be noisy, and the dance club goes to about 3 or 4am. Even in my 20s (which I'm not much over that now), I couldn't sleep with that kind of noise going on. Bring earplugs just in case, or look into possibly moving up to deck 7.

I rode the slide on Triumph over 100 times in 5 days. With a January sailing, there won't be a ton of kids on board, but there will always be some. Even with March & April sailings, when there are plenty of kids, there always seems to be plenty of times when the waterslides have little to no line. It will be crazy long at times though. It seemed that around 3:00-6:00, the slide has little to no line.

Being above the dance club will be noisy, and the dance club goes to about 3 or 4am. Even in my 20s (which I'm not much over that now), I couldn't sleep with that kind of noise going on. Bring earplugs just in case, or look into possibly moving up to deck 7.

Thanks for the info! Even though I come from a family who take several crises a year, I'm the only one that's ever booked one where carnival decides my room.

How much would it cost to upgrade and is there a chance that it'll be free?

Should I call the carnival rep to negotiate?

Thanks for the info! Even though I come from a family who take several crises a year, I'm the only one that's ever booked one where carnival decides my room.

How much would it cost to upgrade and is there a chance that it'll be free?

Should I call the carnival rep to negotiate?

I didn't realize that Carnival had picked this room for you. I thought you had picked it, which would have given you the option for a small upgrade. When Carnival picks the room, there's not much you can do, other than move up to the next room type guarantee (balcony to suite), which would probably be quite pricey. Looking at the deck plans, and reading what you said, I'm guessing that you have a balcony cabin, because there are no interiors over the dance club. The balcony rooms don't quite go all the way over the dance club. Only a few rooms have their bathroom part over the edge of the dance club. Depending on how close you are to it, you might be okay. I would still bring ear plugs just in case.

Edited by k2excursion

Do they still offer steak and lobster on a 5 day sail? I was told the "surf and turf" was $20. Also, do they still offer escargot? We leave tomorrow :D

I sure hope so!! Last I heard they still offer it without charging extra. Lobster is one of my top reasons for even going on a cruise!

Have fun on your sailing!

Do they still offer steak and lobster on a 5 day sail? I was told the "surf and turf" was $20. Also, do they still offer escargot? We leave tomorrow :D

I'm not sure what is on the extra-pay portion of the menu, since I totally ignore it. But on the first elegant night, they will have steak & lobster on the menu as separate items. Order both. Many people do. I ordered 2 lobsters on my last cruise, then when I was done with those, the waiter insisted on bringing me a 3rd.

I'm not sure if they still serve those bugs anymore. That's another thing I wouldn't notice. Have a great trip!

Does anyone know what the Triumph Platinum gift is? And, for the welcome back party, can we order any drinks or we have to take what they have on their trays? Each ship is different about this and I'm not sure what the Triumph allows. If I tip the waiter, will he bring us any drink, in a regular size glass?

Does anyone know what the Triumph Platinum gift is? And, for the welcome back party, can we order any drinks or we have to take what they have on their trays? Each ship is different about this and I'm not sure what the Triumph allows. If I tip the waiter, will he bring us any drink, in a regular size glass?

I've read that it's the toiletries bag. Though I'm only a red level cruiser! I am curious about the free drink that they offer repeat guests. :D

I've read that it's the toiletries bag. Though I'm only a red level cruiser! I am curious about the free drink that they offer repeat guests. :D

We had the toiletries bag in December. Tried to trade for Tervis tumblers at guest services but they didn't have any. We were on 4 night cruise so no past guest party.

We are also going on this cruise :) I am 25 and my husband 30! But we also have kids we are bringing so come hang out on the slide with us hahaha ;) But we also like some 2 steppin so the kids will be hanging out at the kids club some so we can also get some dancing in :) I am so excited. we booked this trip last minute litterally yesterday haha but it is out 1st time. so cant wait!

We are also going on this cruise :) I am 25 and my husband 30! But we also have kids we are bringing so come hang out on the slide with us hahaha ;) But we also like some 2 steppin so the kids will be hanging out at the kids club some so we can also get some dancing in :) I am so excited. we booked this trip last minute litterally yesterday haha but it is out 1st time. so cant wait!

That's brave to book so last minute! I'm sure you got a great deal! Glad you brought up the 2 stepping part, I forgot to pack my dancing shoes! Leaving my boots at home though! Besides playing on the slide you'll probably find us working out to burn off the food we'll be eating.

Getting excited only 6 days left!

Does anyone have any suggestions on snorkeling spots in Cozumel? I spent a week on big island of Hawaii snorkeling so looking for something that might challenge me a bit. As of right now we plan on hiring a cab and checking out the Money Bar, Punta Sur and some others south of the cruise terminal.

Hahah Ya we were actually going to go and stay in dallas for the weekend at Great Wolf Logde for 2 nights which was going to cost almost the same amount for a 5 day cruise soo my husband had a ton of vacation time so he decided just to go ahead and take it all! We are from Midland Tx so we aare going to drive to Austin on Satuday and then drive the rest of the way to galvaston on Monday morning to help break up the trip for the kids!

Hahah Ya we were actually going to go and stay in dallas for the weekend at Great Wolf Logde for 2 nights which was going to cost almost the same amount for a 5 day cruise soo my husband had a ton of vacation time so he decided just to go ahead and take it all! We are from Midland Tx so we aare going to drive to Austin on Satuday and then drive the rest of the way to galvaston on Monday morning to help break up the trip for the kids!

Ah North Texas! Trust me you're not missing anything by not going to great wolf lodge. Everything is too overpriced in the Southlake /Grapevine area!! Not to mention the horrible traffic. Enjoy Austin! I'm an Aggie so I can't say much on that town ;)

Edited by FishHuntRepeat

We were recently on the TRiumph in Late Novemeber. After the fiasco a few years ago they remodeled the ship. It now has Guys burger joint and blue iguana. It also has a taco bar. The ship looks good and we had a great time. They did have lobster/shrimp plate on the menu and there was also steak. You can order both for surf and turf! WE did the 5 day so we had a past guest party. Platinum gift is a black carnival insulated bag not the Tervis. Our only complaint was the wait at embarkation since my mom had to wait for them to get a wheelchair but other than that we had a great time.

I loved the Triumph. It definitely tops the Conquest in my opinion. I'm only a red level cruiser so I can't say anything about the parties or platinum gifts, sorry about that. We had a room on panorama deck on the Triumph, but on the Conquest our room was number 6465, right above the Aft Lounge and Karaoke (if I'm remembering right :o). Noise was not a problem. Enjoy your cruise, you'll love the Triumph, she's a beauty! :cool: :p :D