Palma de Mallorca, Drach Caves??

MissShell

Hi there,

Taking a Western Med cruise this spring with my family and we are trying to plan our day in Palma. I think my kids (ages 11 and 8) would love the Drach caves and the cruise sponsors a tour there. Any input? Would it be better/cheaper for us to get there on our own? How hard is that on a port day? Also, anything else you can recommend for a family of four in Palma? My kids have seen enough churches and museums and will see more in other ports. We were hoping to keep Palma relatively simple.

Yes, they may like the Caves of drach, but I think they would like the train to Soller more. It is a bit like a Wild West train and easy to catch from the centre of Palma. It has a website, so you can look it up.

The train leaves from Plaza Espana and it won't cost much to take a taxi there from the port.

The train is an interesting option but sometimes the return times are very tight - depends how long your ship is in port so you will need to check timings.

The caves are good and the children should enjoy the experience. You are treated to a musical "interlude" as part of the tour which is adds atmosphere - don't think it has changed since we were there.

You also have the option of jumping into a taxi and heading to the beach . There are several nearby and also a waterpark which no doubt the kids will love. I believe there are buses from just by the ship - perhaps others may have more details. Google Majorcan beaches near Palma to give you an idea.