Smart casual

nb125

I am a little confused by the information on FO's website. In the dress code it says that for men smart casual would be a shirt, trousers and jacket or shirt and tie. On the "what the pack" section, however, it says trousers and a polo shirt or shirt is acceptable.

What has been your experience of the norm on these evenings?

I am a little confused by the information on FO's website. In the dress code it says that for men smart casual would be a shirt, trousers and jacket or shirt and tie. On the "what the pack" section, however, it says trousers and a polo shirt or shirt is acceptable.

What has been your experience of the norm on these evenings?

In the evenings you will tend to see a lot of shirts, some jackets and very few ties or polo shirts.

Exception being in the Caribbean where you may see things a little more casual, but still not too many dipping below the 'shirt' minimum.

• 1 month later...

Hi lanky,

I can assure you, that you will not look out of place.

I wear a lightweight suit or jacket and tie every night on Fred. As I do on every cruise line.

On the theme nights I wear what ever to match the theme.

On formal, black tie.

Ok since they went to only two codes, more men on Fred can be seen in just smart shirts and trousers.

But you can never be out of place in the evening dressed in great clothes. I can wear shirt and trouses at home, on holiday I want to feel and look different than at home.

Got to keep up standards don't you know.....only a joke to the shorts, tee shirts and baseball cap fraternity. 😄

Having read this thread, will I look out of place in a suit and tie?

You'll be fine, as long as you feel comfortable wearing what you choose to wear then all is good :)

You will be in a minority, but far from alone.

The base line on FO is still fortunately quite smart, you won't tend to see anything much less than a good shirt and trousers in the evenings (unless in very warm weather).

Hi Comcox

For smart casual I tend to wear trousers. I have also worn black straight cut jeans with high heels and a pretty top. Decent jeans are often more expensive than cocktail dresses!

We all tend to worry about what to wear but everyone seems to blend in well and I have never seen anyone look out of place. Maybe that's because people do their homework first.

For smart casual because I wear a lot of trousers at home, and like to dance when on a cruise, I tend to wear sparkly shoes with a skirt and pretty top (not t shirts) or, occasionally, a dress.

My other half tends to wear smart trousers and shirt, sometimes with a tie sometimes with a jacket, sometimes with neither.

As long as you're comfortable and smart nobody minds or, lets be honest, notices that much.