Assistance from Experienced Forward Spa Deck Cruisers

rlkubi

We are considering booking an inside cabin on the spa deck and those are all forward. We had that room for the Med. Cruise but weren't in open seas. My husband and friend gets seasick. Is the front a lot worse? Several of us want the spa deck but don't want them to be miserable.

Thanks for you help!

We stayed in a Spa Cabin 11 Forward on the Magic last year. If there is movement at all, you will feel it there for sure. If sea sickness is a problem, I would avoid higher floors, stick to center ship level 6,7,8 and just pay for the weekly spa pass instead. The spa pass includes all the benefits of the spa cabin (except the Elemis samples in your room and the different paint on the wall).

Hope this helps!

We usually stay forward on the higher decks 9,10,11 (some are spa cabins and some are not depending on the ship) and have never had an issue with too much motion or sea sickness. In fairness we do take Bonine for the duration of our cruise as a preventative just to be safe and none of us are really prone to seasickness.

We were in a spa cabin on deck 11 last month on the Splendor. It was more motion than I have ever felt and we did not have rough seas. We have been in aft cabins before even as high as deck 8, but they were nothing compared to that high, forward cabin. I have been on 9 cruises and am not usually prone to seasickness, but it did get to me. I would not recommend these cabins to anyone who may have motion issues. As others have said, choose another location for your cabin and buy a spa pass.

We were in a spa cabin on deck 11 last month on the Splendor. It was more motion than I have ever felt and we did not have rough seas. We have been in aft cabins before even as high as deck 8, but they were nothing compared to that high, forward cabin. I have been on 9 cruises and am not usually prone to seasickness, but it did get to me. I would not recommend these cabins to anyone who may have motion issues. As others have said, choose another location for your cabin and buy a spa pass.

I am booked in a spa balcony cabin on Deck 11 of the Splendor in March. Is the motion on this deck that noticeable? First time I have ever sailed in this forward of an area on a ship.

I am booked in a spa balcony cabin on Deck 11 of the Splendor in March. Is the motion on this deck that noticeable? First time I have ever sailed in this forward of an area on a ship.

I really thought it was. Now I don't normally mind when the ship rocks a bit. It reminds me that we are on the ocean and kind of rocks me to sleep even. It was just a different kind of motion up there. Not the up hill down hill can't walk straight kind, but a more subtle, more nauseating kind of motion. We sailed on the Sunshine out of New Orleans last April and being on the Mississippi, we had ALOT of movement. In fact the last night of the cruise when were going into Port Canaveral(it was a repositioning) it was terrible. We were kept awake because we were all the way aft and our closet doors kept slamming open and closed. Even in that I never felt seasick, but the forward Splendor cabin really got to me. I'm just being honest with my experience and not at all telling you that it will be yours. As I said before, we enjoyed the convenience of our spa cabin, but I would not book another one just because of the motion.

I really thought it was. Now I don't normally mind when the ship rocks a bit. It reminds me that we are on the ocean and kind of rocks me to sleep even. It was just a different kind of motion up there. Not the up hill down hill can't walk straight kind, but a more subtle, more nauseating kind of motion. We sailed on the Sunshine out of New Orleans last April and being on the Mississippi, we had ALOT of movement. In fact the last night of the cruise when were going into Port Canaveral(it was a repositioning) it was terrible. We were kept awake because we were all the way aft and our closet doors kept slamming open and closed. Even in that I never felt seasick, but the forward Splendor cabin really got to me. I'm just being honest with my experience and not at all telling you that it will be yours. As I said before, we enjoyed the convenience of our spa cabin, but I would not book another one just because of the motion.

Thank you CruisingSoon88 for your quick reply and honesty. You gave me quite a bit of information to consider.

We have done the spa deck several time on Conquest class ships, and would not hesitate to go up there again. However, these rooms are forward, meaning the up and down motion of the ship is more noticeable. They are also high, meaning the left to right motion is more noticeable, too.

None of us are bothered by this... But DEFINITELY more motion than low deck towards center.

We love the spa deck cabins because of the openness and the view. My DH is terribly susceptible to motion sickness; even driving makes him queasy on hilly roads. He starts taking Meclizine at night a few days before before we cruise to get it built up in his system and then he takes a full dose every night when we cruise. So far he's loved the forward spa cabin and our last cruise was very windy. We were just in Las Vegas and the roads by Hoover Dam actually made him ill if that gives you an idea of how sensitive he is to motion. For us, the expansive view is totally worth it!

We love the spa deck cabins because of the openness and the view. My DH is terribly susceptible to motion sickness; even driving makes him queasy on hilly roads. He starts taking Meclizine at night a few days before before we cruise to get it built up in his system and then he takes a full dose every night when we cruise. So far he's loved the forward spa cabin and our last cruise was very windy. We were just in Las Vegas and the roads by Hoover Dam actually made him ill if that gives you an idea of how sensitive he is to motion. For us, the expansive view is totally worth it!

That drive to Hoover Dam almost killed me! Blech! 😤