Edocs....

rbuenger

DW and I have booked a last minute cruise on Silhouette (2/15 sailing) and for the 1st time used a TA (big "club store"). We have paid in full and our AQ Guarantee was assigned a room today. I have filled out the Online Check-in and printed out our Express Pass. Having never booked this close to sailing, I am trying to figure out when my Edocs will be issued so I can order our Luggage Tags, or is this something that happens through our TA?

TIA

We are on the same cruise, doing the 8th and the 15th. We were booked from last year though. Our edocs came directly from RCCL.COM, we received them on Jan 9th. We also use a TA, this time they came straight from the cruise line. Can't you order the luggage tags by using your booking number?

Edited by Patrick IL.

Once the online check-in is processed there should be a link below on the online check-in page to order your tags. We have a 23Feb15 sailing and have received ours after filling in the address info once the link appeared. if you are less than 48 days out that link should appear.

We are on the same cruise, doing the 8th and the 15th. We were booked from last year though. Our edocs came directly from RCCL.COM, we received them on Jan 9th. We also use a TA, this time they came straight from the cruise line. Can't you order the luggage tags by using your booking number?

Thanks! I spoke to our TA after posting this and they mentioned that Celebrity always used to send them the Edocs and their Document Dept would then send to the client, but she had heard lately that some clients were getting them sent directly to then by the cruiseline. TA estimated, now that our room has been assigned, we should be getting our Edocs in the next 24-48 hours and can then order our luggage tags from Celebrity. Having always booked directly through the cruise line, I am still unsure how this TA process works!

Edited by rbuenger

Is exactly the same. If you have printed your express pass you can order your luggage tags and you are done. FWIW - ordering luggage tags sort of a waste of time as you can simply have the porter put them on at the dock.

I must be missing something....why are e-docs even necessary; they are nothing more than a statement of dates, itinerary, cabin, etc. as well as the "contract of carriage" (which I doubt anymore than 2% of the guests read).

The important (but not crucial) document is the Express Pass, as that expedites check in at the pier.

So don't worry about edocs!

I must be missing something....why are e-docs even necessary; they are nothing more than a statement of dates, itinerary, cabin, etc. as well as the "contract of carriage" (which I doubt anymore than 2% of the guests read).

The important (but not crucial) document is the Express Pass, as that expedites check in at the pier.

So don't worry about edocs!

I agree with you on the Edocs not being necessary at all, but according to Celebrity, Luggage Tags can't be ordered until the Edocs are issued, so that was the reason for my question here.....

I agree with you on the Edocs not being necessary at all, but according to Celebrity, Luggage Tags can't be ordered until the Edocs are issued, so that was the reason for my question here.....

And you/they would be correct! :)

Got an email this AM that my Edocs were issued and when I logged on my account, the Link to order Luggage Tags was now available. For whatever reasons, Celebrity has tied the ability to order tags directly with Edocs being issued.....

Our edocs were issued a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, however, we weren't able to order luggage tags...

"Luggage tags cannot be mailed to you for this sailing. If you are unable to print them at home, you may obtain luggage tags from the Porter at the pier."

I was a little disappointed (ok, a lot actually! lol). Only having sailed Carnival before, I was very excited at the thought of receiving luggage tags in the mail from Celebrity--just adds a little to the excitement! :D I kept hoping that it would change, but it yet hasn't, so looks like we'll have to print our own. What a horrible problem to have!;)