Anyone use Ride Safer Vest?

Athenacat

I want to purchase a Ride Safer Vest for my nearly four year old daughter so that I won't need to bring a car seat. I originally wanted to purchase a bubblegum, but my daughter won't turn four until after our cruise, and weighs only 33 lbs (despite being nearly 42 inches tall). Anyone have any experience using this vest? Specifically, would taxis have the required lap and shoulder belt needed? We are taking a cruise to the Bahamas.

I want to purchase a Ride Safer Vest for my nearly four year old daughter so that I won't need to bring a car seat. I originally wanted to purchase a bubblegum, but my daughter won't turn four until after our cruise, and weighs only 33 lbs (despite being nearly 42 inches tall). Anyone have any experience using this vest? Specifically, would taxis have the required lap and shoulder belt needed? We are taking a cruise to the Bahamas.

Yes, we traveled with the saferider when my daughter was 3 years old, I've used it in the Bahamas and Mexico. Roatan and Belize we were on a boat or bus so although I brought it I couldn't use it. If getting a taxi my daughter would take one of the outboard seats in the back of the vehicle to ensure the right belt configuration.

The taxis I have taken in the Bahamas have had regular lap and shoulder belts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome. I ordered the Vests, and they just arrived. Took ithe kids on a test run. They fit perfectly, and the kids love them. I wouldn't use these on long road trip until both kids learn not to lean over when they fall asleep, but for taxis and short trips, these are perfect. I am soooo excited that I can leave the car seats at home.