CB (Caribbean Princess) Quick Review of 8/20 Sailing

Seasons

Sheila (turquoisesea), you must have had a great spot on Princess Cays, the handful of people I asked that spent the day on that side all concurred that there was seaweed present. It seemed the few parts that didn't were were all the water activities were taking place, and I do not llike to be bobbing in the water with all that kind of stuff.

I'd have to agree with Mel on the entertainment. Only made it to Caribe Caliente and it was pretty bad. They needed more practice and singing in another language should not be as hard as it apparently was for some of the singers. I'm fluent in Spanish and could NOT make out any of the words other than "Kiss Me." Domino sang the same song in Club Fusion and it was MUCH better, and that's saying a lot.

Public venues were waaaaaaaaay too small for the capacity. As I said before, food is not the focus of our cruising, and the menus didn't really whet our appetite, so it made it easier for us to decide on the Lido. The dining room attempts were more for the two new cruisers in our group, we wanted them to be able to enjoy that service.

I am sorry you had that experience - but glad to hear you still had a great cruise.

We were on the 8/6 sailing - we had standing reservations for 830 (offered 6, 630, 7 or 8:30 - would have rather had 730-8 but not an option - we are used to celebrity late seating so 830 was ok for us). We were given the Palm dining room. Yes we stood in a short line to get to the desk. But we would simply say we had 830 reservations show our card and they would immediately seat us - where those without reservations were given pagers and asked to wait.

We were lucky as we didn't have rocks or seaweed where we were on the beach (went left when we got off and sat at the middle cove (the one after the water activities). I have pictures at the end of the link below if you want to see what everything was like and compare it. We were on the first tender so we got a couple photos before the island became crowded.

Lillykat, thanks for mentioning the pagers...not only did they want us to go to the end of the line, but when we got to the front, they gave us pagers as well even though we reiterated we had reservations. It was just too much fuss and nonsense.

As I mentioned before, the part of Princess Cays that had the least seaweed was the activity area. Being in the midst of banana boats, water bikes, etc. is too much going on. Especially when you consider that most people congregated in those areas.

What we encountered on Princess Cays is definitely NOT what your pics show, so I'm glad to see that it really isn't the norm (the seaweed, that is). Like I said, I wanted to post about it so future cruisers would know about the POSSIBILITY of it, especially if they're sailing during hurricane season.

Archived