Breeze Southern Route

kelkel2

For those of you booked on the southern route visiting La Romana, has Carnival kept your itinerary going to La Romana or has anyone's trip been changed to Amber Cove?

I know some people who were on other sailings have noticed a change, I would just be interested to see if Carnival starts switching over more sailings. Since they did pay to build the port in Amber Cove, I wonder what really is keeping them in La Romana? I don't really have a preference either way, as I haven't been either place, just curious really.

For those of you booked on the southern route visiting La Romana, has Carnival kept your itinerary going to La Romana or has anyone's trip been changed to Amber Cove?

I know some people who were on other sailings have noticed a change, I would just be interested to see if Carnival starts switching over more sailings. Since they did pay to build the port in Amber Cove, I wonder what really is keeping them in La Romana? I don't really have a preference either way, as I haven't been either place, just curious really.

Amber cove has got to be better than la romana.

Amber cove has got to be better than la romana.

That's kind of what I was thinking from what I was reading?

We are kind of just get off the ship and go with the flow people. I am quickly realizing that is not going to work for us here. Like is there anything to even do immediately off the ship? Anything? I really hate to book excursions. I don't like to have my vacation planned out. I might have to.

That's kind of what I was thinking from what I was reading?

We are kind of just get off the ship and go with the flow people. I am quickly realizing that is not going to work for us here. Like is there anything to even do immediately off the ship? Anything? I really hate to book excursions. I don't like to have my vacation planned out. I might have to.

Half Moon Cay, CoCoCay, Great Stirrup Cay, Castaway Cay, Princess Cays, Labadee, Grand Turk, Mahogany Bay and Amber Cove are simply more opportunities for the cruise line to further their revenue.

Then you have ports where you're encouraged to shop at their recommended stores so they get a kickback. Then you have ports like Falmouth where it is developed by the cruise line. All the merchandise is the same with a different island's name on it that you needlessly keep purchasing while you're buying into the experience the cruise line is trying to manipulate in their own benefit.

Edited by Pixelate

• 3 weeks later...

Actually La Romana was pretty much my favorite port but only because we got a day pass to all-inclusive Dreams Resort. The port area itself has NOTHING! Not somewhere where you can even walk around. I haven't heard about Amber Cove until now. Most ports are definitely extensions of the cruiseline. Just slap a different port name on the made in China souvenir!

Yes, the port in La Romana leaves a lot to be desired, but our favorite excursion ever was in La Romana. We booked with Seavis and it was the best day! Lots of reviews for them on the ports of call boards. I know you stated you don't usually like to book excursions, but unless you stay on the ship here, you pretty much have to and Seavis is a great option.

Try the Seavis tour to Sanoa Island in La Romana. It was FABULOUS. And very cost efficient. It actually ended up being one of our favorite stops! I was very worried about la romana after reading all the negative reviews. You definitely need to plan something at this port. I'm so glad we didn't listen to the negative nancies! The DR is beautiful!