What To Wear? Yacht Club vs Haven?

SMerritt

I do not think I have ever seen so many positive posts about a Cruise Line & their amenities, thank you all for taking the time to post so much helpful information.

We have been on many NCL cruises, all in the Haven, I am sooo excited to experience the Yacht Club. NCL never fails, but a change in scenery is going to be fun!

Need some help with packing, I have browsed CC and You Tube and I can not get any "feel" for how to dress?

We love freestyle on NCL - any comparisons?

We usually do breakfast wearing the clothes appropriate for our shore tours.

"After 5" DH a shirt with collar, long pants, closed shoes. Me, sparkly tops, capris, and dressy sandals.

So, if, when, where, might a jacket for him be required? Me, more formal cocktail-type dresses?

We don't do Levi's etc, but do like our nice shorts and summer wear.

Thank you in advance..........

Also, thanks to all for the coffee hints, so I will not miss my Lavazza :D

I do not think I have ever seen so many positive posts about a Cruise Line & their amenities, thank you all for taking the time to post so much helpful information.

We have been on many NCL cruises, all in the Haven, I am sooo excited to experience the Yacht Club. NCL never fails, but a change in scenery is going to be fun!

Need some help with packing, I have browsed CC and You Tube and I can not get any "feel" for how to dress?

We love freestyle on NCL - any comparisons?

We usually do breakfast wearing the clothes appropriate for our shore tours.

"After 5" DH a shirt with collar, long pants, closed shoes. Me, sparkly tops, capris, and dressy sandals.

So, if, when, where, might a jacket for him be required? Me, more formal cocktail-type dresses?

We don't do Levi's etc, but do like our nice shorts and summer wear.

Thank you in advance..........

Also, thanks to all for the coffee hints, so I will not miss my Lavazza :D

Folks do dress up every evening for dinner in Le Muse...even when it is not formal night. I've never seen shorts or summer wear at any meal in Le Muse on my three YC cruises. As for the coffee...go to the Top Sail every morning for your coffee or have your butler bring your coffee to your room. I had a 1/2 espresso 1/2 coffee every morning...undeniably the best coffee I have ever had!

My husband doesn't own a jacket and he was just fine in a dress shirt and pants for dinner. I usually wore a casual skirt (I just own the one) or dress slacks with a nice top (sparkly for formal) We wore shorts/casual clothes the rest of the time. We did not feel out of place (we also didn't care what others thought). There was a wide range of attire at most times.

On the Fantasia, I was a little like Jack Dawson on the Titanic being invited in to Yacht Club accomodation and restaurant from 'steerage', in my case literally as my cabin was "all the way aft" and above the rudder.

My observations were that some Yacht Club guests would observe the stated evening dress code for the rest of the ship and others would dress 'how the hell they liked'. I also got the impression that some people were in Yacht Club because they did not like dressing up and taking part in the more formal occasions.

On all MSC ships there is a rule of no shorts anywhere on the ship, except your own cabin, from first sitting time onwards.

I always wear a jacket in the evenings on holiday and usually a suit but not necessarily a tie on informal nights. I am aware that I am in the minority now and that dress is forever getting more casual. I dread the day that most people wear onesies or jogging bottoms to dinner.

My husband doesn't own a jacket and he was just fine in a dress shirt and pants for dinner. I usually wore a casual skirt (I just own the one) or dress slacks with a nice top (sparkly for formal) We wore shorts/casual clothes the rest of the time. We did not feel out of place (we also didn't care what others thought). There was a wide range of attire at most times.

My husband does bring a jacket but only wore it on formal nights.

I usually wear nice black pants with a pocket for my room key. I never could understand why people would carry purses when your cabin is so accessable.

A nice top & like you, one that is a bit sparkly for formal nights.

We never felt out of place at LeMuse.

Could not contemplate going anywhere without a handbag (US purse) ever! Always have one. As for evenings on a cruise ship I swap over to a little evening one instead of carting my mega sized bucket one!

I always have more than 3, so your husband should be grateful you limit yourself to that. Have really fancy evening ones to go with the long gowns for formal nights (often 2 to match the gowns), then less fancy ones for other evenings one black, one White and maybe even a navy depending on the colours packed and probably 2 for daytime. So that's at least 7 and don't start me on shoes......

"I never could understand why people would carry purses ...."

Maybe because it is lady-like...and useful as well;)

I still have my "man bag" from the eighties. Very useful for passports and travel documents, different currencies, etc. etc. and you don't spoil the cut of your suit ......

Whatever you wear in Yacht Club or elsewhere around the ship will be fine. Passengers (yacht club included) dress for themselves and no one else bats an eyelid. Most people dress up for formal nights but it is not essential - anything from the most opulent gowns to a summery dress. Most men wear a collar but on our last cruise some were in Tshirts on formal night. My husband and I dress up for formal night. He wears a suit and bow tie and I wear a long gown. For the rest of the time we wear smart casual. As mentioned by Tim above definitely no shorts to dinner.

Edited by Janet&Carl

Whatever you wear in Yacht Club or elsewhere around the ship will be fine. Passengers (yacht club included) dress for themselves and no one else bats an eyelid. Most people dress up for formal nights but it is not essential - anything from the most opulent gowns to a summery dress. Most men wear a collar but on our last cruise some were in Tshirts on formal night. My husband and I dress up for formal night. He wears a suit and bow tie and I wear a long gown. For the rest of the time we wear smart casual. As mentioned by Tim above definitely no shorts to dinner.

Thanks for the useful information.