Summit - 4/11/18 sailing

jenjes3

Hello - husband and I will be sailing on the Summit (3rd time for us) We like the smaller ship and had a great time sailing to Bermuda 2xs. We have receieved a great package from our travel agent - A higher amount of SBC - so we are trying to see which excursions to take - Anyone have any ideas - St Croix - Buck Island or caterman and snorkle? St. Kitts offers a caterman and snorkle trip too - which island best to do this? Then to Dominca - we are looking to tour island and see Emerald pool and small waterfalls - anyone have pointers? Also in Grenada we decided to do sites ourselves. Plan to take cab to Anse Beach and spice market - St. Thomas we are not sure ; have been to Magens Bay - Sapphire beach ; ferry to St. John - was looking at the Champagne excursion - sailing and swimming and champagne?

Also if we book excursions online - what is Celebrity's cancellation policy? Can we change or cancel and be reimbursed up to a certain time? We usually do a lot of planning and sight seeing ourselves.

Thank you for your help - Can't wait to cruise again!

Hello - husband and I will be sailing on the Summit (3rd time for us) We like the smaller ship and had a great time sailing to Bermuda 2xs. We have receieved a great package from our travel agent - A higher amount of SBC - so we are trying to see which excursions to take - Anyone have any ideas - St Croix - Buck Island or caterman and snorkle? St. Kitts offers a caterman and snorkle trip too - which island best to do this? Then to Dominca - we are looking to tour island and see Emerald pool and small waterfalls - anyone have pointers? Also in Grenada we decided to do sites ourselves. Plan to take cab to Anse Beach and spice market - St. Thomas we are not sure ; have been to Magens Bay - Sapphire beach ; ferry to St. John - was looking at the Champagne excursion - sailing and swimming and champagne? !
There are lots of great suggestions for excursions to take at the various ports on the port forums.

Here are links to the forums for the ports you listed:

St. Croix

St. Kitts & Nevis

Dominica

Grenada

St. Thomas/St. John

The advantages of such port forums are that they offer a wide range of suggestions for excursions from people who have taken a variety of cruises.

You may also want to check out the roll call for your cruise to see what some of the others on your cruise are planning to do, although excursion recommendations there are usually much more limited.

Hello - husband and I will be sailing on the Summit (3rd time for us) We like the smaller ship and had a great time sailing to Bermuda 2xs. We have receieved a great package from our travel agent - A higher amount of SBC - so we are trying to see which excursions to take - Anyone have any ideas - St Croix - Buck Island or caterman and snorkle? St. Kitts offers a caterman and snorkle trip too - which island best to do this? Then to Dominca - we are looking to tour island and see Emerald pool and small waterfalls - anyone have pointers? Also in Grenada we decided to do sites ourselves. Plan to take cab to Anse Beach and spice market - St. Thomas we are not sure ; have been to Magens Bay - Sapphire beach ; ferry to St. John - was looking at the Champagne excursion - sailing and swimming and champagne?

Also if we book excursions online - what is Celebrity's cancellation policy? Can we change or cancel and be reimbursed up to a certain time? We usually do a lot of planning and sight seeing ourselves.

Thank you for your help - Can't wait to cruise again!

If you book online, you won't use OBC. Wait till your cruise starts and book there. I believe you can cancel 2 days before the excursion date.

Thank you for the suggestions - will check out the port board and it certainly makes sense to wait and book excursions on the ship. We also have the classic beverage package but want to upgrade to premimum using our SBC. So, we wait for this to upgrade too.

Have fun! I'm on the same sailing. The only port I've already been to was St. Thomas and I highly recommend Magans Bay! We booked excursions for every stop- all with the ship because we are sailing with my 6 year old and I didn't want to take any chances.

Edited by SuzanneA

• 3 weeks later...

We had a great tour with Levi Baron in St. Kitts--well worth it, it was a full day--and there were 2 of us and then 2 others had also booked so we had 2 guides and the 4 of us. We went to the rainforest, sugar mills, snorkeling, beach... he will custom make your trip.