My thoughts on All Inclusive

quillwercruisers

We just got off the Getaway yesterday, and we had purchased the all inclusive option when it was available. For the most part, we did not have any problems with the package. I had printed out the listing that we got with our reservation confirmation just in case we had any problems (I would recommend doing this if you purchased the all inclusive). Below is what we got with the package, and my thoughts:

20 photos each of any size - Did not receive a voucher in our room or anything else to show that we had it. No problems with this, they had a list of everyone that had this.

UBP & UDP - Sticker was already on our card when we checked in. No problems whatsoever.

1 session (3 games each) bingo - They did not have any kind of list, and we did not receive a voucher in our room for it. They gave us the basic package though without any problem.

Chocolate covered strawberries (6 each) - Received a voucher for this, however they delivered both plates of 6 strawberries to our room the first day at the same time.

Internet package (250 minutes each) - Did not receive a voucher. The internet café manager told us at first that we needed to give him a voucher, and when I told him that the only thing I had was the printout I received with my confirmation, he said to bring that to him and he would set me up. I then asked if he could just look it up, and he sighed and said yes he could. So he looked me up and activated my free 250 minutes. I asked him about my husbands, and he said that he would have to come do it. I told him that my husband didn't even have a laptop or anything with him and that it would be me using it anyway. He sighed again and activated his with a temp password. It was slower than what I would accept at home, but for being at sea, I didn't think that it was too bad. We did not use all of the minutes, but we did use a lot of them.

Water package (6 bottles each) - Received a voucher, and all 12 bottles were delivered to our room the first day.

Wine - (1 bottle each) - We received a voucher for these, and only one bottle was delivered. We took our second voucher to customer service and they arranged for the second bottle to be delivered.

OBC - ($50 each) - was on our account right away.

Shore excursion credit ($200 each) - was on our account right away.

Pre-paid service charges - taken care of without any problems.

Pre-paid gratuities - taken care of without any problems.

For the most part, we did not have any real problems with the package, and if they offer it again, we will probably do it again. We took advantage of pretty much everything that was offered. We did not use all of the shore excursion package, but did use the majority of it. All in all, I think the package was worth the money. We ate at a specialty restaurant every night, which we really enjoyed. With the UDP, the illusionarium was included the first night, so we took advantage of that too.

Hope this information helps those that were wondering about it.

Thanks for this update!

I have the ALLIN package on an upcoming voyage next month on Breakaway. Kind of poor that you had to push the internet manager to set this up, and that you had to go to guest relations to get the other bottle of wine. Also kind of strange that the Bingo as not reflected anywhere.

Hopefully NCL gets their act together and streamlines the process. While you got all your amenities, it's always a bit annoying when you have to chase them down - particularly when you've actually paid for them up front.

quillercruisers, thanks for your take on how this worked for you. We have this package in April so it's good to see how it's working for everyone.

For the bingo games, did you have to play a certain day or could you play anytime? Thanks!

quillercruisers, thanks for your take on how this worked for you. We have this package in April so it's good to see how it's working for everyone.

For the bingo games, did you have to play a certain day or could you play anytime? Thanks!

We actually didn't play until Thursday, and that ended up being the last bingo game. :eek: Almost missed out. LOL!!:eek:

Overall it was a great package!

We have the ALL-In for a 13 day transatlantic in September. 13 days to use up everything we think we can and will use.

I am so glad you posted this and hopefully others will post their comments as they return from their cruise.

We purchased this on a whim and have had 2nd thoughts since doing it... maybe it will be just fine. I will print out everything we have received from our PCC just incase. By then they may have it all thought out.

Thank you for your posting.

Sounds like a great package!!! Do you think they'll offer it again?

We just booked the OBC, UBP, UDP for 2017 but that sounds like a much better deal:eek:

I don't know if they will or not, but we hope so. The package was $800 each, and we thought it was a great deal for us. :D

We have the ALL-In for a 13 day transatlantic in September. 13 days to use up everything we think we can and will use.

I am so glad you posted this and hopefully others will post their comments as they return from their cruise.

We purchased this on a whim and have had 2nd thoughts since doing it... maybe it will be just fine. I will print out everything we have received from our PCC just incase. By then they may have it all thought out.

Thank you for your posting.

You're very welcome! Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Hopefully NCL will streamline the process more so that cruisers don't have to track down what they paid for! My biggest critique is that you have to book your shore excursion on board to get the $100 credit and can't pre-book. (Or if there is a way around this please let me know!)

Thanks for sharing your experience! Hopefully NCL will streamline the process more so that cruisers don't have to track down what they paid for! My biggest critique is that you have to book your shore excursion on board to get the $100 credit and can't pre-book. (Or if there is a way around this please let me know!)

You're very welcome.

You are correct that you have to wait until you are onboard to book your excursions, but you shouldn't have any problem with it. Also, you get $200 shore excursion credit.

I don't know if they will or not, but we hope so. The package was $800 each, and we thought it was a great deal for us. :D

And don't forget the 10% off the cruise fare that came with it. What a smoking deal. We are looking forward to seeing how much we saved by booking it.

We also had the all-in package. We had several vouchers in our room on the first day.

We played bingo, then noticed that there was a credit the next day. The same went for the Internet. We didn't ask first, we just did it, and noticed the credit a short time later.

It was great for us. We would jump on it again if offered!!

And don't forget the 10% off the cruise fare that came with it. What a smoking deal. We are looking forward to seeing how much we saved by booking it.

You're right, I forgot all about that! I really do think it was a great deal, and hope they offer it again. I would definitely jump on it!!

We also had the all-in package. We had several vouchers in our room on the first day.

We played bingo, then noticed that there was a credit the next day. The same went for the Internet. We didn't ask first, we just did it, and noticed the credit a short time later.

It was great for us. We would jump on it again if offered!!

We would too!! Did you just do the basic bingo package or did you get one of the other packages? If you did one of the other packages, did you get reimbursed for the entire amount? Just curious.

It was a single game on an early port day departure. I checked my bill, we bought the largest package possible, with pull tabs and 12 cards, I think.

My bill says I paid $100 total for the two of us, and received the $100 credit. I wonder if the vouchers say how much is the max they will pay. I didn't check.

Thanks for the update and feedback.

It sounds to me like it turned out quite well given that it is a new promotion for the staff to understand. I always expect a few bumps with the release of a promotion or the launch of a new ship. Never a fear that they cannot be worked out.

We have the ALLIN for the next cruise. Down to the double digit dance.

Thanks again!