CCL Staff in POM and Cheers Program... did the really say that?!?!

QTPieRye

Something funny that came up during check-in this past week at the Port of Miami.... the particular girl who checked us in, told my friends, that they should only do Cheers for 1 of them and that they did not have to buy for every adult over 21 in the cabin. She further told them they could order as many drinks as they wanted at the same time "for family, for friends" as much as they wanted. Clearly, I could have called a supervisor over to clarify that she was WAY WRONG.... but I just smiled and let it go. Lord knows how many people she probably told this to!!

Anyhow, my friends looked at me like I was cray cray, as this was the opposite of everything I had told them about the Cheers Program.... well of course, they believed her because she was a CCL rep. Needless to say, I was the one saying I told ya so, when they attempted to buy 1 Cheers Program with both of them in the cabin!

She may not have been employed by Carnival. Although this is an airport based check-in location, most of the shoreside personnel in the cruise terminals are not employed by the cruise line.

Good point! I never thought of that! I assumed she was CCL staff, since she was behind the counter checking us in and issuing our S&S cards.