Millennium Western Med. 2006 ??

katiebeth

We are booked on the June 7th sailing of the Millennium out of Barcelona to Venice. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has recently been on this cruise. We are traveling with our children who are 12 and 10 and my parents who are in their mid-seventies.

After reading other posts, I have two main concerns regarding this cruise.

Several posts have suggested that the Millennium is in poor condition. According to several posts, the staterooms are in need of renovation and are looking rather worn. I believe the ship is scheduled for dry dock sometime this fall and am hoping that the staterooms will be spruced up, although, I am not sure if that is something that happens during drydock. I read somewhere that drydock does not necessary mean that the staterooms will be updated rather the cruise lines mostly focus on public room renovations.

Secondly, I would like to know whether the shore excursion companies used by Celebrity provide air-conditioned transportation. My parents are in their mid-seventies and cannot tolerate extreme heat. How do we insure that the transportation provided from the ship to various port excursions provide air-conditioning?

I would appreciate any advice regarding these concerns.

Thank you!!

Is true, the Millennium has areas of very poor condition. I am just arrived from a Venice to Barcelona cruise and I will not repeat not even for free.

Drydock can solve some problems as mattresses deformed, linens with holes, colours of textiles faded, etc. but main Millennium problems are related to the incompetence of the Hotel Director and his team and that cannot be solved in a drydock.

My advise: try Galaxy or other company but not the Millennium if all of her managemente has not previously removed. She has no solution (personnel always acused the high staff of any problem big or small which cannot be solved; it is an unanimous opinion). Moreover, only the Activities Directos is a native english speaking, and most of the personnel has a little command of english, sometimes reduced to some words.

Archived