Unable to add person to Stateroom

Kiwi935

Although my Stateroom will hold 4 passengers, RCI said I am beyond point where a another person (a minor) can be added. Would a last minute cancellation change this policy? Any ideas?

Thank you

They may have run out of spots in your muster station. You can check for a stateroom in another location. A cancellation may help too.

We recently had to cancel a guest and still unsure if we are going to re-instate them later but were advised by our TA that if the ship has reached capacity we may not be able to even though we have room in our cabin(s). I find this confusing since I would think capacity would be the number of cabins x max capacity per cabin. If you have a TA I would work with them as they seem to be able to get through where passengers cannot. Good luck!

We recently had to cancel a guest and still unsure if we are going to re-instate them later but were advised by our TA that if the ship has reached capacity we may not be able to even though we have room in our cabin(s). I find this confusing since I would think capacity would be the number of cabins x max capacity per cabin. If you have a TA I would work with them as they seem to be able to get through where passengers cannot. Good luck!

There are a lot more total berths on the ship than there is lifeboat capacity. In fact they can sail with many empty cabins and still be at capacity due to the number of cabins that have 4 people.

Keep checking up until as late as possible.

The same site I use to track prices also lets me know when cabin categories come available for sale again, and some of those are due to cancellations. Just yesterday I saw 5 cabins across multiple categories open up for my Oasis cruise next Saturday.

You may need to check multiple times a day if your TA can't get you on some sort of wait list. When these cabins open up most of them tend to sell again quickly, as the same site also lets me know when the category sells out. Often times I see cabin categories come available at least 2-3 times a week in the month leading up to a sail date for every cruise I track.

Ship is the Quantum. Have a call into TA asking to be put on "wait list", if possible.

Thank you to all for your responses.

Edited by JasonV1