Blue Hole ? for the elderly

SUNSH616

Thinking about trying the Blue Hole out when we go In May. We will be traveling with my Aunt that is 65 and also we will have a one year old with us. Those that have been do you see them having any issues as far as say walking and navigating their way to the bottom and just floating in the water while the other group jumps ? Want everyone to enjoy this and worried about them being left out. Thanks !!

There is a viewing area above that they can watch with no problem,..

the day we went the dam was open above and the water was roaring.. I am in pretty good physical shape in my 40's and struggled with the jump.. the water was strong and pushed me into sharp rocks.. saw several get hurt.. if the dam is open b careful..

there was no floating at all... way to dangerous for the young and elderly

Edited by wilsonsmw

Agree - This is not an excursion for one year olds! Even if your aunt stays back with your child, they will not be able to see you climbing the falls, etc. It might also be nerve wracking watching a one year old at the starting place. The guard rails aren't enough to keep a young child away from the high drop, unless the child is strapped into a stroller. This won't be fun for them!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you would not want to take a young child. It is walking up steps and hills. It is beautiful and fun for those that can walk on rocks in water, fly into water on a rope, jump off cliffs... My 12 year boys had a blast. I am taking my nieces and granddaughter, all 8 and I feel they are to young to enjoy.

My 75 year old MIL enjoyed walking through some of the water and she would've liked swimming at the bottom but she can't swim so she walked the path and watched. She also kept our 4 year old entertained during the jumps that were too high for her to do. The 1 year old might be tricky unless you have him/her buckled in a stroller or in a snuggly with someone watching.