Anyone who has an Enhanced Drivers License and has been to St Maarten...

Hello,

We will be going to Bahamas, St Thomas, and St Maarten as our POC. My passport has been expired for a year now, but I do have an enhanced drivers license which enbales me to enter to Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and Carribean. I don't think I'll have a problem with the first two, but I am not sure about St Maarten.

Anyone who has been to St Maarten and has an enhanced drivers license, can you please confirm if you can enter the port with just an enhanced license? Thanks

We have never needed ID to get OFF at a port we have been to (about 20), and certainly not at the 3 you listed. You need a passport or DL/photo ID and birth cert to get ON the ship when you start the cruise. Additionally, most ports require a photo ID and your Sea pass card to get back ON the ship after you visit a port.

We have never needed ID to get OFF at a port we have been to (about 20), and certainly not at the 3 you listed. You need a passport or DL/photo ID and birth cert to get ON the ship when you start the cruise. Additionally, most ports require a photo ID and your Sea pass card to get back ON the ship after you visit a port.

If you have an enhanced drivers license it provides proof of Citizenship, so you don't need any other document for Caribbean travel by ship....

http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

If you have an enhanced drivers license it provides proof of Citizenship, so you don't need any other document for Caribbean travel by ship....

http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

Right. The question, in a nutshell, was what do you need to get OFF the ship in St. Maarten: Sea Pass. Get back ON: photo ID, Sea Pass.

Right. The question, in a nutshell, was what do you need to get OFF the ship in St. Maarten: Sea Pass. Get back ON: photo ID, Sea Pass.
I have cruised to Sint Maarten at least a dozen times, and have NEVER been asked for ANYTHING when exiting the pier into Sint Maarten.

HOWEVER from http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/sint-maarten.html

All sea travelers must also now have a passport or passport card.

I consider an Enhanced Driver's License to be the equivalent of a Passport Card (but can't guarantee what Sint Maarten thinks). I'm certain that many sailing into Sint Maarten will have only a BC + DL.

Thom