Water island taxi question

Jenncruiser

I am interested in taking the ferry from the Crown Port in Saint Thomas to Water Island.The ferry only holds about 25 people and only runs every hour or so.My question is if there are more than 25 people waiting to get on the ferry would the people who did not get on have to wait an hour for the next ferry or would the ferry come back for them?Are there private water taxis or an alternate way to get to Water Island?I just do not want to spend an hour waiting for a ferry.Thanks.

I am interested in taking the ferry from the Crown Port in Saint Thomas to Water Island.The ferry only holds about 25 people and only runs every hour or so.My question is if there are more than 25 people waiting to get on the ferry would the people who did not get on have to wait an hour for the next ferry or would the ferry come back for them?Are there private water taxis or an alternate way to get to Water Island?I just do not want to spend an hour waiting for a ferry.Thanks.

Your information about the capacity and schedule of the ferry is accurate. Sometimes if there are many people waiting an additional trip will be added. However at other times when there are only a few too many people those over the limit would have to wait for the next scheduled ferry. There is no way to know in advance if an unscheduled run will be made. At the present time there are no water taxis serving Water Island and no alternative method of travel to the island. :(