Guarantee Oceanview to Balcony

wicruisin

Got an email today to move from our guarantee Oceanview rooms to balcony cabins.

We originally booked one Oceanview and one interior cabin, and then we jumped into the guarantee pool, moved both cabins to Oceanviews and saved 500 dollars.

Today's email offered an upgrade for both cabins to balconies on the lido deck for 220 total. And, our rooms were assigned, so I don't have to worry about the kids being assigned a bit away from our cabin.

I thought this was a good deal-I am still ahead by 300 from the original booking!

We've not had a balcony before. Can the divider between the balconies be opened? Will we be able to go back to an interior cabin in the future or will we be too spoiled?

Less than 60 days until we cruise from San Juan! So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by wicruisin

It looks like most balconies do connect with one neighbor or the other, but only a few will connect with both neighbors. Hopefully, your 2 balconies will connect. Sounds like you got a great deal.

Some people around here will say that you will never be able to go back after having a balcony, which I find ridiculous. Countless people have gone back. I have gone back to interiors 3 different times after balconies. No problem at all. Plus, if it were true that you would never go back, then that would be all the more reason to never ever ever get a balcony. Some people cannot & will not cruise unless they have a balcony after their first balcony, and you could possibly end up feeling the same way. But not everybody does. Plenty of people do go back and are perfectly happy.

Edited by k2excursion