[Gem] So how's the deck chair situation these days?

Jezo

I think it is a shame that on vacation you have to have an unpleasant confrontation with someone who is saving a seat. It is quite frustrating seeing a chair with a towel on it being saved. Its quite nervy for someone to emote the towel and just sit down. That doesn't usually end well and a fight usually occurs

I don't think NCL can do anything about this unless they have more chairs and room around the deck and pool

It does put a damper on the vacation.

The last time i sailed in the haven people did the same thing. The people would put their towels and books down and then go eat. This totally annoyed me because there is limited seating.Since it is a more intimate setting I think its even worse to confront since you have to see these people every day

NCL Needs to do something. The RCL attendant sounds like a good idea

Edited by maxwellito

This doesn't just happen on cruises - we were at Typhoon Lagoon at Disney last summer when a woman in a wet bathing suit sat down on my daughter's lounge chair on top of her towel, dry clothes and the remnants of her lunch on the chair. This while my husband and I were sitting right there. Then when we were leaving later on(it is a slow process as we had seven kids with us and coolers, etc) apparently we were not moving along fast enough and a woman pushed by one of our children and my husband. I won't repeat what he said but I believe he made his point:rolleyes:

Disney is the worst. we really are not park hoppers....we love the resorts. I've seen countless people come to the pool in street clothes, put their towels down and then head out to the parks for the day. Then we've seen them come back and their stuff is gone. It's hilarious...I'm sure if Disney could find a way, they'd charge us for that piece of entertainment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well we disembarked Sunday morning. The chair situation was not nearly as bad as our 2 last cruises. Let's put it this way, we were able to get a chase almost everyday. The chair attendant by checking chairs and tagging them sent the word out from day one. I applaud their efforts. I thinks it's ridiculous sending one person down with 6-7 towels to save seats. It was a very plea sent experience and I hope it keeps getting better. The bottom line is, most people on a cruise want to be outside enjoying the weather. That's why I'm assuming people like ourselves cruise in cold winter months. Lol It would be nice to have a chair without arguing about or stressing over it. Common sense goes a long way with common courtesy. :)

We just got off the Epic in early jan. The chairs all had towels and books on them early in the morning. It was only our 5th cruise I didn't realize this was a game. I did write Norwegian to come up with. Some idea to maybe tweet this. Chairs sat all day by the pool empty. Next time I'm going in . :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hubby and I did exactly this,,,waited a bit to see if perhaps they in pool and then we just moved stuff to the deck, pulled chairs over and sat,,,, really hate the selfishness of others!

Update from ship ! Here it is , on the Breeze right now. Chairs get stickers put on them now. If your gone longer then 40 minutes your things get removed. There is a person with clip board walking around marking towels every 30-40 minutes. Great Job Carnival ![/quote

Hope all the cruise lines start doing this.

Haven't been on an NCL ship in about three years, it is still the expected folks waking up before dawn, putting down a single book on a every chair, and not showing back up until after lunch to actually sit in them?

Since I personally have no need of having a sunbed near the swimming pool(s), on every ship I just look for more "secluded" places on one of the higher decks where there might be a few sunbeds. The helicopter deck is a really good place when you are looking for some "peace and quiet"... And that means that I also never experience the problem with "chair hogs", and often have the place to myself even on board a ship with 3-4000 passengers... :p

Edited by TrumpyNor