Breakaway - Inside or Forward OV

NJbeachMom

We've only sailed in a balcony cabin... I'm a newly single mom & my 12 yr daughter will be sailing on the Breakaway in April.

I have an Inside cabin on deck 11. I'm getting nervous about being inside, I called today and for $200 extra we can get a forward Oceanview on deck 12. Is the window worth it in anyone's opinion? Thank you

We've only sailed in a balcony cabin... I'm a newly single mom & my 12 yr daughter will be sailing on the Breakaway in April.

I have an Inside cabin on deck 11. I'm getting nervous about being inside, I called today and for $200 extra we can get a forward Oceanview on deck 12. Is the window worth it in anyone's opinion? Thank you

My take: $200 extra for an OV isn't worth it.

I've cruised four times: first time was in a balcony, second time was in an inside, third was in a balcony, and fourth was in an oceanview. The real difference between an inside and an OV is simply that the OV has a source of natural light -- so you can tell when it's daytime, and what the weather is like. That's all. In terms of square footage and other amenities, inside and OV cabins are exactly the same.

I didn't spend much time looking through the window itself, since the bed was in front of it anyway. When I wanted to take in the scenery, I simply went outside -- the same as I would have done in an inside.

Going forward, I'll do an OV if the net price is within $50 of an inside, and a balcony is out of reach. Otherwise, I'll stick with the inside.

If I were you, I'd continue to monitor prices for your sailing until the cruise. The prices usually drop after the 90-day window passes. In fact, when we were on the Breakaway, we originally booked an inside, and when the prices came down, we were able to upgrade to a balcony for the price difference between what we paid, and the current price of the balcony -- it only cost us about $100. As I recall, we did this upgrade about a month out before the sail date.

If you do end up sailing with an inside, let me allay your fears -- those cruises can actually be the most fun, because there's nothing to do in your cabin besides sleeping. You'll spend more time enjoying the rest of the ship, and on the Breakaway, there's so much to do! Plus, you have extra money in your pocket. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Don't forget, if you upgrade to the OV you will be eligible for the Freestyle Choice promotion. You get the Ultimate Dining Plan (Value $238 for the two of you,) Ultimate Beverage Plan (Value $419 for 1 adult/1 child for 7 days,) or $200 OBC (I could be wrong on this amount.)

And, I believe, with the UDP you can reserve the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy dinner show free on the first night. (Otherwise not included in UDP)

So if you upgrade, you will not only get a window (Which has a 1 1/2 foot well to it. My 12 year old loves to sit in it, drawing and watching the water!), but also one of the benefits above.

That makes it a better deal. Make sure if you switch you do it before the promo ends Jan 31st.

Edited by minnesotamamafish

Don't forget, if you upgrade to the OV you will be eligible for the Freestyle Choice promotion. You get the Ultimate Dining Plan (Value $238 for the two of you,) Ultimate Beverage Plan (Value $419 for 1 adult/1 child for 7 days,) or $200 OBC (I could be wrong on this amount.)

And, I believe, with the UDP you can reserve the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy dinner show free on the first night. (Otherwise not included in UDP)

So if you upgrade, you will not only get a window (Which has a 1 1/2 foot well to it. My 12 year old loves to sit in it, drawing and watching the water!), but also one of the benefits above.

That makes it a better deal. Make sure if you switch you do it before the promo ends Jan 31st.

Would OP be eligible for the promotion though since this would just be an upgrade and not a new booking? If final payment hasn't been reached yet, I suppose she could cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would OP be eligible for the promotion though since this would just be an upgrade and not a new booking? If final payment hasn't been reached yet, I suppose she could cancel and rebook.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it would be a cancel and rebook as long as it's before final payment. She should get a confirmation by email immediately and check it to make sure all info is correct. Many people suggest also asking for an "amenity report" which will have the promo listed on it as the confirmation itself does not.