South beach on a Sunday

DutsCruiser

If the weather will allow is we'll arrive at South beach September 17th. I had planned some shopping (my girlfriend loves to shop) for the next day but I had not realized this was a sunday. I'm not sure how it is in the US but in the Netherlands most things are closed on sundays.

What should we do with our sunday?

Another thing; for our next stay in Miami; is Bayside shopping mall worth the trip? How much will a taxi cost to bayside from SB?

Absolutely NOTHING will be closed in South Beach, or anywhere else in Miami on a Sunday. Sunday is just another day here, and all the bars, clubs, shops, malls, stores, etc. will all be open and ready to take all of your money. ;)

If you're staying in South Beach forget Bayside Marketplace. Bayside is fine to go to if you're staying in downtown Miami, but South Beach is spectacular with many more, and much nicer shops and restaurants. Your girlfriend will love the shops in South Beach, along Collins & Washington Avenues, as well as Lincoln Road mall. Be sure to also walk down Ocean Drive between 5th & 15th Streets. All of the old art deco hotels have sidewalk cafes that are a lot of fun to eat at. Ocean Drive has some of the best people watching on the planet as well! :)

Absolutely NOTHING will be closed in South Beach

Ah. Perfect. Thank you for your quick reply!

I know it's a great place to get rid of does foreign currency biljets ($) :D. We've stayed, pre-cruise, in the Winterhaven hotel at ocean dr. last january. I really loved south beach; that's why we desided so stay there pre-cruise again.

The airline had lost our luggage; mine was delivered to the hotel the next day bit my girlfriend had to do another day without. Since we didn't know for sure if the suitecase would be recovered we had to buy here some clothes there.. For a moment I thought she was actually happy about losing the luggage:p.

For the record: british airways recoverd both suitecases and payed for all the clothes she bought in SB.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived