Sandals

daniel39

A friend of ours went to dinner on HAL last February with almost full sandals.

He wasn't allowed into the MDR. He had to go back to the cabin to change his shoes, this was in the anytime dining restaurant which is equal to the Freedom Restaurant on P&O.

How the Maitre D saw them I'll never know.

Should have returned with one black shoe and one brown....not that i'm a rebel or anything;):D

Some years ago my first meeting with the new national marketing director of the company I worked for strutted across the car park in immaculately tailored suit, highly polished brogues.......and white towelling sports socks, a look reserved only for moonwalking Michael Jackson impressionists.

I'm not one to judge but his ability matched his dress sense:p

Hi English lady,I booked with a company sounds like wet shine cruise and I got my booking probably £400 cheaper than thomas Cook but wasn't made aware of being a second class citizen but as richleeds says can spend that on seventeen and Sindhu every night!we were going to go to turtle beach for£6,600 so with alcohol and spend on board and on shore will work out the same so hey ho!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi English lady,I booked with a company sounds like wet shine cruise and I got my booking probably £400 cheaper than thomas Cook but wasn't made aware of being a second class citizen but as richleeds says can spend that on seventeen and Sindhu every night!we were going to go to turtle beach for£6,600 so with alcohol and spend on board and on shore will work out the same so hey ho!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Daniel you are not a 2nd class citizen. I think the problem is the whole cost thing may not have been fully explained to you, and that is down to the TA.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Leather boat shoes sounds fine. When you asked about sandals I was thinking more along the line of leather sandals, rather than the trainer like ones in the pix. If what you were going to take was similar to the pix, then no, evening in the MDR I think merits something not quite so casual.

i would have called them trainers. so I wouldn't have thought they could have been worn in the MDR. maybe alright in the buffet.

I wear trainers in the mdr sometimes.

Not 'sporty' white ones but reserved darkish M&S ones.

I wear trainers in the mdr sometimes.

Not 'sporty' white ones but reserved darkish M&S ones.

Dave what is a reserved darkish m and s trainer.

Does it sit quietly in the corner, people watching, hoping against hope that no one comes across to talk to "it"?

Are reserved M and S trainers better behaved than say Primark or Tesco ones??

:D:D:D