Celebrity excursion to St. John

jenjes3

Hello - I thought I read somewhere on the boards that Celebrity has excursion for the ferry to pick you up right at the dock and take you to St. John. This makes it easier so you don't have to driver to red ferry area. How long does it take to get to St. John from the ferry when it picks you up right at the dock where the Summit is located?

Thanks for your help.

Karen

Hello - I thought I read somewhere on the boards that Celebrity has excursion for the ferry to pick you up right at the dock and take you to St. John. This makes it easier so you don't have to driver to red ferry area. How long does it take to get to St. John from the ferry when it picks you up right at the dock where the Summit is located?

Thanks for your help.

Karen

I did this excursion with RCL (same operator). We boarded the ferry about 200 feet off the bow of our ship. Very easy and quick. The boat was 2 stories. I sat on the top and enjoyed the outdoor air. On the trip over there was a commentary that pointed out bays, beaches and celebrity homes. The trip over took about 45 minutes. It was a bit quicker on the way back as there was no commentary and slowing to point things out. Excellent rum punch was offered on the return trip. :)

It could vary based on the seas. It was very calm our day but I read that it can be rough and sometimes people even get seasick.

It was the first and only time I have done a cruise excursion. The price was pretty comparable to doing in on your own and it was super simple with no risk of getting back late.

I did this excursion last year - the ferry took you over and then you are on your own - we all met back at the right time and they took us back to the ship - it was perfect as you did not have to worry about the ferry and/or cab - highly recommend

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did this excursion last year - the ferry took you over and then you are on your own - we all met back at the right time and they took us back to the ship - it was perfect as you did not have to worry about the ferry and/or cab - highly recommend

What did you do once you go to SJ? Did you beach it, which one, or did you take a tour around the island, if so how long did it last and what was the cost? Thanks.

We actually walked to one of the beaches through the national park but there are taxis and a free bus that will take you to the beaches - read the info on the st Thomas thread for more info - sorry