Bahamas or Cozumel/Belize

My husband and I are booked on the 11/7 cruise to Key West/Cozumel/Belize but I am thinking about switching to Key West/Nassau/Cocoa Kay as I believe we would like the destinations better. Downside--only cabins available are right near elevators/night clubs/stores, etc. As neither of us are late night people-I am afraid that will really ruin our first cruise.

Nassau cruise on Majesty of the Seas which I have heard some unfavorable things about. Current cruise on Enchanment of the Seas.

If I stay on Enchantment-balcony room 8156 is now available-should I upgrade from oceanview stateroom---balcony room in very back of ship-is that noisy or will I be more prone to seasickness?

THANK YOU FOR HELPING!

We just did the Western and Cozumel is one of our favorite destinations. If you like snorkeling, you will find it hard to find a better destination. We did a private excursion in Belize to snorkel w/ the stingrays. It wasn't as good as Grand Cayman but was okay. People rave about the Cave Tubing there.

We have done Nassau and didn't find that to be as interesting as the other ports.

Regarding the balcony: We had an aft balcony on Splendour and didn't find it to be rocky or noisy. The only down sides were the amount of time it took to get back and forth from our cabin (no rear stairs on Splendour) and the fact that we could not look directly down onto the water. The balcony was larger than a regular balcony.

I wouldn't change itineraries, but that is me.

Have fun, no matter what you decide.

We were on the Enchantment this past Feb. and really enjoyed the Keywest/Cozumel/Belize iteniary. We were also on the Enchantment this year before. It is a great ship for a first cruise and now you can enjoy the new and improved Enchantment.

Enjoy!

Definitely Enchantment! IMO the ship is as important as the ports. I also think if you are concerned about motion, that you will feel less motion on Enchantment than you would on Majesty.

I'm guessing Sheffie was under the impression that 8156 was an aft balcony cabin. It's actually a JS on the port side, in the aft section of the ship. Your balcony wouldn't be any larger than any other JS. I wouldn't be too concerned about the motion or the noise in that room. It would be a much bigger/nicer room than an oceanview. If it isn't too much of a stretch for your budget, I would definitely go for it!

Have a great trip! :)

Archived