Got a call tonight. Not for a direct upgrade but

ajee622

I can understand wanting a certain room for your family and the bunk bed for your daughter and they are offering you the exact same room on the other side but you want more than $100 OBC and bottle of wine? Why? This whole I deserve something mentality that folks have these days is super discouraging.

It seems to me what he wants is the room he booked. Funny, I seem to want the room I booked too.

I see it from the other side of the coin. Seems to me he DOESN'T want something but the room he booked, but may entertain the idea if they make it worth his while.

For pete's sake! I pick rooms strategically: the side of the boat, the area of the ship, prefer not to be near elevators, etc. I don't want to change rooms, but if they offered me enough OBC, I might entertain the idea.

It seems to me what he wants is the room he booked. Funny, I seem to want the room I booked too.

I see it from the other side of the coin. Seems to me he DOESN'T want something but the room he booked, but may entertain the idea if they make it worth his while.

For pete's sake! I pick rooms strategically: the side of the boat, the area of the ship, prefer not to be near elevators, etc. I don't want to change rooms, but if they offered me enough OBC, I might entertain the idea.

When I'm sailing on another line, I always select my room based on the side of the ship. The one time I was on the starboard side, it was so hard to adapt to the blue carpeting because I'm so used to the red carpeting in the hallways. :D

Off topic. But why are the cruises so cheap out of ca versus everywhere else??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Off topic. But why are the cruises so cheap out of ca versus everywhere else??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yield management.

A surplus of availability.

An unfavorable itinerary.

They want their employees to be paid via gratuities.

Edited by Pixelate

Yield management.

A surplus of availability.

An unfavorable itinerary.

They want their employees to be paid via gratuities.

It's surprising that there is so much availability . The way people were clamoring for more cruises from CA I would have thought they would have sold out quickly.

Isn't that why they Stopped cruising from CA before? That and it wasn't too safe

Bill

It's surprising that there is so much availability . The way people were clamoring for more cruises from CA I would have thought they would have sold out quickly.

Isn't that why they Stopped cruising from CA before? That and it wasn't too safe

Bill

Just imagine if the Carnival Splendor was still there. Then, add in all of the cruise lines that pulled out. You can sail on the Golden Princess for the same price as the Imagination/Inspiration!

I read in the Everything Vista subforum today that Carnival should move a Dream class ship to the west coast. :confused: