COTTON...and others

sparky3229

Cotton-I know you are not on right now-you better be in higher ground-or in anther state by now! I just cannot imagine what is going to happen to New Orleans and the whole area. We were just there a few months back, so I really feel even worse about this storm since I feel a kinda connection with the area now...I am glad that I got a chance to enjoy it there. I just want to say we are all thinking of you here, and be safe...and the same to all of you in that area that have been posting here. Our thoughts are with you.

sparky, thanks for the concern. The folks in New Orleans are really going to need the thoughts and prayers very soon. New Orleans as we know it may not be there next week.

I still think you should get out Dan :( Are you tired of hearing that yet???? :p You are driving me to DRINK!!!!!!!

Hope everyone that is not stubborn and hard headed gets out and heads for higher ground!!! Lots of prayers going out that way, especially to those that have no mode of transportation :( I'm going to miss NOLA... I think you are right, it's going to be quite a different place after tomorrow...

Just got a news blip that the roof of the Superdome is leaking :(

Yup :( Part of the roof started coming apart and is leaking... they said they can look up and see daylight. They lost power earlier this morning, no AC.. it's going to be a long few days for these folks...The roof on the Superdome was built after the wind testing, so they worried that this might be a problem... They said the bathroom situation is going to get very bad... Very glad these people are safe, and hopefully they can maintain civility in there, it has to be very difficult :(

They'd showed the holes in the roof - a couple of 6 foot slices. Would be huge for a house but small in relation to the size of the dome. Sounds like people were moved away from 5 sections of seats but the rest are fine.

Not looking like this was the big one for New Orleans, but still bad enough.

At the hotel Le Richelieu in New Orleans' French Quarter, the winds blew open sets of balcony doors shortly after dawn. Seventy-three-year-old Josephine Elow pressed her weight against the broken doors as a hotel employee tried to secure them.

"It's not life-threatening," Mrs. Elow said as rain water dripped from her face. "God's got our back."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167289,00.html

Eye passed to the right of New Orleans, now Mississippi is about to get it.

Archived