Looking to visit El Yunque this March

ISurfTooMuch

DW and I are going to be spending three days in San Juan pre-cruise this March, and we're looking into things to do. One thing I know we want to do is to take a tour of El Yunque and also possibly one of the bioluminescent bays. We aren't really outdoorsy people, so we aren't into a long hike or kayaking.

Can anyone recommend some tours we can book to see one or both of these sites that don't involve a long hike or taking a kayak, which would lead to one or both us us falling into the water, I'm sure? :)

DW and I are going to be spending three days in San Juan pre-cruise this March, and we're looking into things to do. One thing I know we want to do is to take a tour of El Yunque and also possibly one of the bioluminescent bays. We aren't really outdoorsy people, so we aren't into a long hike or kayaking.

Can anyone recommend some tours we can book to see one or both of these sites that don't involve a long hike or taking a kayak, which would lead to one or both us us falling into the water, I'm sure? :)

I did the Rainforest tour but i went to the falls about an extra 1.5 hours, i guess if you take a private tour you can arrange your tour as you wish.

I didnt go to the Bio Bay to long of a day for me to kayak, but if you do not want to fall in the water, dont do a kayaking tour. I have not heard many good things about the bio bay tour....

I had a Private city tour of Old San Juan, all 3 forts and was able to go into the capital building. I know many people like to do this on their own but the information you get from the guides i find helpful so i dont mind to spend the extra money on that.

In 2012 we took a wonderful electric boat tour of Vieques BioBay through Island Adventures. No need to be athletic. You take a wild ride on a school bus to get to the biobay. Would not recommend if you have a bad back! You not only get to see the incredible Biobay but get a great astronomy lesson! The guide used a laser pointer to point out different constellations. There were so many stars! Our tour included a yummy dinner at a restaurant too!

We stayed at the Gran Melia and were really happy with the location! We drove to El Yunque and did our own tour of the park. You could go to the website and decide which hikes you want to take. Some are not very long.

Puertoricodaytrips.com is a fantastic resource for planning your time in SJ.

Hope that helps,

Lauri