Chair Hogs Rule

Scotchick

Not directed at you....but...if you read the prior posts, I said I'd give the seat back if someone got upset.

Your restaurant analogy is wrong...since they don't hold tables for an hour. It's 15 minutes.

The way I see it is that people....like many on this board.....allow chair hoggory since they only complain amongst themselves. If they communicated...perhaps they wouldn't feel bullied.

Agreed on people only complaining amongst themselves. My mere point was saying that I don't agree with establishing your own rules as one sees fit that go above the rules of the cruise line. As my point with the restaurant is that you may have to wait an hour for a seat if it's busy and they have an open seat getting ready for a reserved table, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to it because you want a seat now. I'm all for if you wait for an hour to see if the seat is unoccupied, but not if someone wanted to get up and go to the bathroom. So, in your world of rules, if you see someone get up do you start your ten minute clock right then? Rest assured, if I get up and leave for ten minutes and someone is occupying my seat and put my stuff on the wet, dirty ground...there will be an exchange of words.

Edited by nfglory1

It would be hard to keep track of how long someone has been gone.

It's not like one hour parking spaces and the parking patrol marks the tires.

Completely agree especially if there is only towels left on the chair, but in the case of other posters, if there are personal belongings on the chair I assume it is occupied and move on rather than waiting a short period of time and moving someone's stuff.

Since we are out there so early in the morning, we always see lots of people-less loungers ... and, when folks near us are walking around looking for a chair, I have no problem telling them "that chair has been empty for the 5 hours that we've been out here". Only once have I witnessed yelling over something like that, but still ... it's not right.

That's exactly what I do.

Where are the "prime" locations anyway? I mean, your up there to get some sun, right? So, my assumption would be anywhere the sun is shining is a "prime" spot? Aren't these sundecks on the uppermost decks? Am I correct in thinking that the entire deck would be sun soaked, and therefore, prime?

Please excuse my ignorance, but this is all new to me.

Where are the "prime" locations anyway? I mean, your up there to get some sun, right? So, my assumption would be anywhere the sun is shining is a "prime" spot? Aren't these sundecks on the uppermost decks? Am I correct in thinking that the entire deck would be sun soaked, and therefore, prime?

Prime location would be right next to and near the pool. Definitely plenty of chairs available to soak up the sun on the upper decks.

That's where we go. We like to be on the deck right above the pool, looking down on the pool area - if we aren't in Spice.

Edited by SissasMomE

Prime location would be right next to and near the pool. Definitely plenty of chairs available to soak up the sun on the upper decks.

I'm not really big on trying to get in a pool with 150 other people and trying to swim around. If I want to go to the pool, I'll do it later in the day when its not swamped.

Good to know though, since I don't need to be steps from the pool, I, hopefully, won't have to fight for a chair on the outskirts just to work on my tan.

I'm not really big on trying to get in a pool with 150 other people and trying to swim around. If I want to go to the pool, I'll do it later in the day when its not swamped.

Good to know though, since I don't need to be steps from the pool, I, hopefully, won't have to fight for a chair on the outskirts just to work on my tan.

I'm not big on public pools :cool: If we do go in, it's usually first thing in the morning before the masses arrive! Also, the chairs right next to the pool are not at all "relaxing" ... you have a ton of kids having fun, screaming, etc., and loads of people trying to cram a chair in to any available space!

That is very nice. I also like to find someone who appears to be searching for a chair before I get up and leave to let them know I am leaving.

I do that too! Generally around noon or 1:00, we are packing up heading to Spice to ramp up our buzzes. I find someone in need and bring them to our prime location. Haha

I'm not big on public pools :cool: If we do go in, it's usually first thing in the morning before the masses arrive! Also, the chairs right next to the pool are not at all "relaxing" ... you have a ton of kids having fun, screaming, etc., and loads of people trying to cram a chair in to any available space!

Oh... that sounds lovely! :rolleyes:

Oh I can't wait until the cruise lines that have loungers that are folded up and can only be released once you swip your room card and rent it for the hour. Once you hit your hour it folds right back whether you're in it or not...:)

Edited by nfglory1

Oh I can't wait until the cruise lines that have loungers that are folded up and can only be released once you swip your room card and rent it for the hour. Once you hit your hour it folds right back whether you're in it or not...:)

When I first started cruising (I was just a kid), you had assigned loungers (padded loungers with a towel and an attendant). Those were the good days!!

thats great to know, thus i will not feel badly after 30 mts if a crew member does nothing, ill do it myself

I say if you want an instant seat then just have everyone overhear you talking about the secret buffet on deck 4! You'll have a seat in 30 seconds. Forget 30 minutes!

Depends. Some people think prime is near the pool (so they can jump in the pool to cool off before racing back to their chair before it's taken). Some people think prime is near the bar (so they can get up to get a drink before racing back to their chair before it's taken). Some people think prime is near the smoking areas (so they can jump up to grab a smoke before racing back to their chair before it's taken). 😝

Don't mean to steer this conversation off course, but how was the Norwegian Getaway? Do you recommend it? Do you have a link to a review? TIA!

Edited by nfglory1

I like this idea! Sort of like a parking-yer-arse meter. It doesn't need to be a lot of money, just enough to make people aware of their rude hoggery of shared real estate. As long as they are present within the hour they can reboot the boot, so to speak. ;) Perhaps a max of 3 hours? :D (Heaven knows the cruise lines would prefer to have you indoors spending money.)

thats great to know, thus i will not feel badly after 30 mts if a crew member does nothing, ill do it myself

Dude, you need to make that 60 minutes, not 30. :eek:

Don't mean to steer this conversation off course, but how was the Norwegian Getaway? Do you recommend it? Do you have a link to a review? TIA!

It was nice. We went with family, and we really had a good time. We did not get to see Legally Blonde, and I'm kinda bummed about that. Just ran out of time ... but there is a lot to see and do. You definitely won't be bored!!

It was nice. We went with family, and we really had a good time. We did not get to see Legally Blonde, and I'm kinda bummed about that. Just ran out of time ... but there is a lot to see and do. You definitely won't be bored!!

Great! We are super excited but have seen a fair share of negatives about the boat/cruise. We aren't picky though, so I am sure we will have a blast!