UBP - A Haven Perspective

AlphaGeek

We're looking forward to our cruise on the Getaway next week. On previous Haven cruises, my wife and I have occasionally, but not consistently, chosen to purchase the UBP.

What has made this decision difficult in the past, and is doing so again, is the reality that at dinner, we enjoy purchasing a nice bottle of wine rather than individual glasses.

To those from NCL who are reading this forum, may I suggest that the UBP also provide a nominal discount for bottles of wine that are purchased during meals? I believe that this would make the decision to purchase the UBP easier, and may even result in more take-up than is likely the case now.

Thanks.

We're looking forward to our cruise on the Getaway next week. On previous Haven cruises, my wife and I have occasionally, but not consistently, chosen to purchase the UBP.

What has made this decision difficult in the past, and is doing so again, is the reality that at dinner, we enjoy purchasing a nice bottle of wine rather than individual glasses.

To those from NCL who are reading this forum, may I suggest that the UBP also provide a nominal discount for bottles of wine that are purchased during meals? I believe that this would make the decision to purchase the UBP easier, and may even result in more take-up than is likely the case now.

Thanks.

They seem to be listening....they currently offer a discount with the UBP.

This was in the terms and conditions with the current promotion, and the UBP.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPagesPopup.html?pageId=wave15terms

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

Thanks.

They already do this...if you purchase a bottle wine with the UBP, you get 20% off the cost of the bottle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

Was thinking the same thing :confused:

With thanks to those who have pointed out my lack of thorough research, the 20% discount and the 5$ discount for purchase pre-boarding definitely makes it appealing. My wife is currently running the numbers, as she is inclined to do.

With regard to my reference to the Haven - the only relevance is that, in our experience, there is a stronger tendency to order bottles when you know you're going to be in the same restaurant for most lunches and dinners (which is one of the delights of the Haven). We do know that it is possible to store a bottle and use it over successive nights in different restaurants.

With thanks to those who have pointed out my lack of thorough research, the 20% discount and the 5$ discount for purchase pre-boarding definitely makes it appealing. My wife is currently running the numbers, as she is inclined to do.

With regard to my reference to the Haven - the only relevance is that, in our experience, there is a stronger tendency to order bottles when you know you're going to be in the same restaurant for most lunches and dinners (which is one of the delights of the Haven). We do know that it is possible to store a bottle and use it over successive nights in different restaurants.

Apparently your experience is limited to the Haven on NCL's newer ships that have a dedicated Haven only restaurant for B, L & D.

This is not true for the Jewel Class ships Haven.

I think this is where people are coming from when they question your Haven reference.