Havanna Suites

jp12687

I posted this on another topic but it might be better here.

The Havana pool is what I always had invisioned for the adults only area for carnival instead of what they gave the adults on the breeze class of ships. They made it a little better on the sunshine giving them a pool.

Also, those nice aft balcony rooms, just lost a little bit of luster to me. Yes you get to have a nice big balcony but since the back of the ship sticks out further now you are just peeping on the select guest in the Havana pool. All the privacy that once was a highlight of an aft balcony is no gone since people on the pool deck will be able to watch you just as you are watching them.

I'm also concerned a little bit by the privacy and security of these open patio/balcony rooms. I would hate to open my shades in the morning and see someone just standing out there or late in the evening with people walking on deck 5 getting loud since now there will be a bar down it that area.

Yeah, I was a little worried too on the screenshots because it looks like anyone can walk by your "private" balcony there. Then when I read it's overlooking/next to the pool area, I was very concerned about noise level. Especially at night (Carnival likes to party it up on the pool areas with music and dancing and stuff).

Yeah, I was a little worried too on the screenshots because it looks like anyone can walk by your "private" balcony there. Then when I read it's overlooking/next to the pool area, I was very concerned about noise level. Especially at night (Carnival likes to party it up on the pool areas with music and dancing and stuff).

Primarily the reason to get one!! Short walk back to the cabin after music and dancing and stuff. ;)

Primarily the reason to get one!! Short walk back to the cabin after music and dancing and stuff. ;)

Great attitude! You'd love our roll call :)

I have found that the folks on our roll call, who have booked in the Havana area, are all social and are not worried about privacy at all. Now that Carnival has expanded to include certain balconies on decks 6 and 7, people wanting more privacy, and access to the Havana area, get the best of both worlds.

Great attitude! You'd love our roll call :)

I have found that the folks on our roll call, who have booked in the Havana area, are all social and are not worried about privacy at all. Now that Carnival has expanded to include certain balconies on decks 6 and 7, people wanting more privacy, and access to the Havana area, get the best of both worlds.

Glad someone feels the same way! Unfortunately my roll call is quiet right now, but I'm not sailing until 2017!! Yikes that seems like a lifetime away. Can't wait to start reading the reviews this time next year when she starts sailing!!

Glad someone feels the same way! Unfortunately my roll call is quiet right now, but I'm not sailing until 2017!! Yikes that seems like a lifetime away. Can't wait to start reading the reviews this time next year when she starts sailing!!

Absolutely! I think ours is so busy because it's a repo cruise. We have a fantastic group, which makes the incredibly long wait easier to take. I hope your roll call picks up soon :)

I guess it depends on how loud and how late. I know sometimes I was exhausted after a day of excursions and went to bed at 10:00.

But it's a long way off and they're still making changes to the layout. I'm sure some people like to be up at all hours and hear music/conversating by their bed/room.

Although even on an interior room you're not guaranteed anything. We had quite a few loud/drunk people hollering/hooting at like 2:00 a.m. all the way down the hallways on the last cruise and woke us up a few times.

Just booked a Havana aft balcony 7456 for our 19th anniversary cruise. Wife figured a deck up might make a little difference.

Personally, it think it will be pretty neat to look out and see beautiful Caribbean Sea water, some thatch roofs and a couple of palms.

Only 748 days to go!

Edited by Keys2Heaven

There have been so many questions and comments, I decided to ask John directly. here are his responses.

Hi John, Is it true some of the aft cabins on Vista have been reclassified?

I am in a 9C. * 4 wrap-around balconies (9C) converted to new “Havana Premium Vista Balcony” (HM) If Yes I am soooo excited.

Like · Comment · Share · 2

John Heald yes indeed, congratulations cheers Donna

Like · Reply · 32 mins

thank you!!! Now we can use the pool during the day too!!!!!! and the bar and the breakfast!!! so excited!! there is a havana thread on cruise critic. People all wonder how will people know who is allowed and who is not allowed. I am not sure where you are but I hope you come visit us!!!

John Heald There will be a key card Donna, only those with this key card will be bale to enter the area before 5pm. cheers and I will see you there..............if you sneek me in .

I will sneak you in anytime John!!!! After 5:00 everything is open to everyone right??? Pool, Bar..etc.. How late will the pool be open? Thank you for helping me out with all of my questions. We on the CC thread are getting a little confused. :0) So I thought... I will go to our great source.

John Heald Please let them know that a lot of what we will do with this deck for those who have access will be decided closer to the time. Its the first time we have done this so it will need to be looked at from a staffing issue as well as logisitcs. I would imagine and this is a guess for now that it would remain open late into the night but I will confirm as soon as I know more. cheers

Just one last thing, there was a more specific post about additional havana cabins on a Facebook thread:

Please note as of today, new categories have been added to Carnival Vista, and cabins have been re-categorized, see below recap of the changes, list of cabins affected has been attached.

1. 3 new Havana Balcony categories added:

* HM - Havana Premium Vista Balcony

* HL – Havana Premium Balcony

* HI – Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony

2. 24 cabins re-categorized:

* 14 aft-facing balconies (8M) converted to new “Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony” (HI)

* 2 premium balconies (9B) converted to new “Havana Premium Balcony” (HL)

* 4 wrap-around balconies (9C) converted to new “Havana Premium Vista Balcony” (HM)

* 2 standard balconies (8D) converted to Wrap around Balcony” (9C)

* 2 interior cabins on deck 7 (4E) converted to the existing “Havana Interior” category (HA)

3. 9 interior cabins (4D) have been removed from inventory.

This basically means that more cabins have access to the Havana area during the day.

Donna,

Only the 4 aft - wraps on decks 6 &7 were reclassed in Havana. Hope you are in one of those!

Bubble bursted again! I am on deck 8. But I am still going to have a great time. :D

Lido by Day... Havana by night!! Sweet!

Edited by cruiser1202

Just one last thing, there was a more specific post about additional havana cabins on a Facebook thread:

Please note as of today, new categories have been added to Carnival Vista, and cabins have been re-categorized, see below recap of the changes, list of cabins affected has been attached.

1. 3 new Havana Balcony categories added:

* HM - Havana Premium Vista Balcony

* HL – Havana Premium Balcony

* HI – Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony

2. 24 cabins re-categorized:

* 14 aft-facing balconies (8M) converted to new “Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony” (HI)

* 2 premium balconies (9B) converted to new “Havana Premium Balcony” (HL)

* 4 wrap-around balconies (9C) converted to new “Havana Premium Vista Balcony” (HM)

* 2 standard balconies (8D) converted to Wrap around Balcony” (9C)

* 2 interior cabins on deck 7 (4E) converted to the existing “Havana Interior” category (HA)

3. 9 interior cabins (4D) have been removed from inventory.

This basically means that more cabins have access to the Havana area during the day.

Great for those of you that this may benefit, but I gotta say I'm not so excited about so many more cabins sharing that space. So now we're just going to be fighting all sorts of towels holding down the chairs at the Havana pool. So what's the benefit I have to ask? So, now do all those balconies currently overlooking the pool have access? That sounds fair. I'd hate to have to sit and look at people in their private pool all day. That would be sorta depressing.

I admit that I really have no idea how crowded this pool will be now. I think I'm going to go and do some research on some of the NCL private areas like this and see how many cabins (people) have access to these private areas. At this point the Havana area sounds a little overloaded to me, but what do I know?

Cindy

Great for those of you that this may benefit, but I gotta say I'm not so excited about so many more cabins sharing that space. So now we're just going to be fighting all sorts of towels holding down the chairs at the Havana pool. So what's the benefit I have to ask? So, now do all those balconies currently overlooking the pool have access? That sounds fair. I'd hate to have to sit and look at people in their private pool all day. That would be sorta depressing.

I admit that I really have no idea how crowded this pool will be now. I think I'm going to go and do some research on some of the NCL private areas like this and see how many cabins (people) have access to these private areas. At this point the Havana area sounds a little overloaded to me, but what do I know?

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

All aft cabins will not have access. Deck 8 and 9 are not included in the re-class. My cabin is one of the lucky ones that get to look but not join during the day. But its fine, Lido is only two decks up which is probably why they are not included. Having the Havana pool there will hopefully lighten the crowd up on Lido.:D

Hi Cindy,

All aft cabins will not have access. Deck 8 and 9 are not included in the re-class. My cabin is one of the lucky ones that get to look but not join during the day. But its fine, Lido is only two decks up which is probably why they are not included. Having the Havana pool there will hopefully lighten the crowd up on Lido.:D

Sorry you didn't get access, Cruiser1202. It would have been pretty sweet to have access to a "private" pool 3 floors down or go up two to all the action. I may be joining you up there if they keep adding cabins. Ha!

Cindy

I'm with you Cindy.

I booked an Havana cabin when reservations were first opened for the Vista. At that stage the only designated Havana cabins were the ones on Deck 5. I booked my cabin on that basis, having worked out how many people were likely to have access to the Havana area during the day. By my calculations the additional cabins on deck 6 and 7 have increased the number of Havana cabins by 56%. So the experience I booked has been significantly altered to my detriment. Needless to say, I have not been informed of the change by Carnival (just picked it up from forums) even though it significantly changes the experience I booked. Obviously Carnival saw the opportunity to make more money long term by redesignating a significant number of cabins (which I fully understand) but they are more than happy to degrade the experience of those already booked without any notification or recompense (which I consider completely unsatisfactory).

I think the best pool will be the Tides. That's where I plan to head. Shouldn't be too bad and me and my kids can enjoy. I wouldn't hesitate to get a Havana cabin if and when just my husband and I sail. I'm not worried about crowds. I'll wait and see what the feedback is once sailings start.

I think the best pool will be the Tides. That's where I plan to head. Shouldn't be too bad and me and my kids can enjoy. I wouldn't hesitate to get a Havana cabin if and when just my husband and I sail. I'm not worried about crowds. I'll wait and see what the feedback is once sailings start.

I guess I'm in the same boat (pun intended). We booked the Havana Cabana cabin because of the cool style, layout and patio feature. We probably will not spend much time at the Havana pool if it's a quiet type area. We like the action so will probably be up around the main pool most of the days.

I guess that leaves two extra spots on our cruise for those that will want to stay at the Havana Area.

I'm with you Cindy.

I booked an Havana cabin when reservations were first opened for the Vista. At that stage the only designated Havana cabins were the ones on Deck 5. I booked my cabin on that basis, having worked out how many people were likely to have access to the Havana area during the day. By my calculations the additional cabins on deck 6 and 7 have increased the number of Havana cabins by 56%. So the experience I booked has been significantly altered to my detriment. Needless to say, I have not been informed of the change by Carnival (just picked it up from forums) even though it significantly changes the experience I booked. Obviously Carnival saw the opportunity to make more money long term by redesignating a significant number of cabins (which I fully understand) but they are more than happy to degrade the experience of those already booked without any notification or recompense (which I consider completely unsatisfactory).

I wouldn't worry about crowds. I'm sure most people will not spend all their time in the Havana area. I know I want to explore the rest of the ship, and enjoy everything the vi

Vista has to offer :)

I guess I'm in the same boat (pun intended). We booked the Havana Cabana cabin because of the cool style, layout and patio feature. We probably will not spend much time at the Havana pool if it's a quiet type area. We like the action so will probably be up around the main pool most of the days.

I guess that leaves two extra spots on our cruise for those that will want to stay at the Havana Area.

Lol. We agree again. The decor looks so cool, so I would book for that alone. But everyone should remember it's not a serenity area. Kids 12 & over can be booked in those cabins and have full rights to the area. I really don't think it will be too crowded. The pool looks small. Pretty...but small.