Cruising Divina Mar. 14, 2015

lucymay519

This is my first experience on a MSC cruise. Can anyone tell me if there will be two formal dining eveings? What is considered formal? Anyone else sailing on the 14th?

Yes, there are two formal evenings on the 7 day sailings. Formal is as formal as you wish to be...folks do tend to go more formal on MSC than Carnival, RCCL, etc. I'll on the splendid Divina two weeks after you! :)

This is my first experience on a MSC cruise. Can anyone tell me if there will be two formal dining eveings? What is considered formal? Anyone else sailing on the 14th?

you should check the roll call.

were you aware that there is a large group on that cruise? - "the holistic holiday at sea" (google it). it's a group of vegans. they bring their own chefs and food, and since the group is fairly large (almost half the ship), they take over most (or all?) of the first seating, and they do their own entertainment in the theater where there would normally be the late show.

If you're part of the group, their version of "formal night" is alot less formal than the 2nd seating.

See you there! enjoy your trip.

Like the above poster said there will be a very large group sailing on that date and half of the buffet will be vegetarian and you will get 2nd seating because they take over the 1st seating and the shows will be later because they take over the theather for lectures and doctors speeches . I sailed with this group last year and was told that this years group will be even larger. The also take over 1 of the lounges to sell there books. Once was enough for us.

Like the above poster said there will be a very large group sailing on that date and half of the buffet will be vegetarian and you will get 2nd seating because they take over the 1st seating and the shows will be later because they take over the theather for lectures and doctors speeches . I sailed with this group last year and was told that this years group will be even larger. The also take over 1 of the lounges to sell there books. Once was enough for us.

actually only a small section in the back of the buffet was vegan - the rest was normal. I'm not vegan, but travel with my vegan wife - there was plenty of non-vegan food---I loved the cheese station, and the pizza was awesome.

but other than that, your description was correct.

on the plus side, the vegans are listening to classes/lectures for most of the daytime, so there should be more deck chairs available.

actually only a small section in the back of the buffet was vegan - the rest was normal. I'm not vegan, but travel with my vegan wife - there was plenty of non-vegan food---I loved the cheese station, and the pizza was awesome.

but other than that, your description was correct.

on the plus side, the vegans are listening to classes/lectures for most of the daytime, so there should be more deck chairs available.

Yes your right there was plenty of food for everyone.