Anyone else itching to try...

KPfromCT

Well someone has to take the bullet. Marc and I will be Guinea Pigs and see what it is all about. I love traditional balconies and listening to the waves at night - but we want to try something different. This is our first TA , but I have been on almost 30 cruises. It is a dirty job, but someone has to write reviews and warn the others! My only worry is that I will put my butt in the hammock and not leave for the rest of the day.

Well someone has to take the bullet. Marc and I will be Guinea Pigs and see what it is all about. I love traditional balconies and listening to the waves at night - but we want to try something different. This is our first TA , but I have been on almost 30 cruises. It is a dirty job, but someone has to write reviews and warn the others! My only worry is that I will put my butt in the hammock and not leave for the rest of the day.

I appreciate your willingness to take one for the team!! Report back.... 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All those things on deck 5 so close are part of the draw for me. I love that everything is easily accessed. To me this will be such a bonus on a cruise that is so port intensive. Won't need to walk the ship to get to cocktails and food. More eating choices closer if we decide not to do the MDR.

I also love that so many have such varying ideas and opinions on these cabins. Makes for a terrific discussion. :)

I cannot not know if I will like these cabins or if they will turn out to be the nightmare space :eek:, but I am looking forward to finding out.

You are going to love them. People will have to go through the bar area to get to pool after 5 not in front of your area. It is supposed to be sectioned off. I can't wait to see the reviews.

I was excited about these until I saw that public walkway right along the balcony. That was a major turnoff. Will wait to see how others feel about that before booking one. I wouldn't book one for the Med cruise anyway since so little time will be spent in the cabin on such port intensive cruises. I will wait for a Caribbean sailing.

I was excited about these until I saw that public walkway right along the balcony. That was a major turnoff. Will wait to see how others feel about that before booking one. I wouldn't book one for the Med cruise anyway since so little time will be spent in the cabin on such port intensive cruises. I will wait for a Caribbean sailing.

Everything I've found states "private key access" to that area. So - it's not supposed to be public. Only those in the Havana rooms are supposed to have access to that walk way.

That being said - it will be interesting to see how that is managed. 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everything I've found states "private key access" to that area. So - it's not supposed to be public. Only those in the Havana rooms are supposed to have access to that walk way.

That being said - it will be interesting to see how that is managed. 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First thing in the morning, in my jammies, with unbrushed hair and no makeup - trust me, even my neighbors don't need to see that! :p ;) :D

• 2 weeks later...

We, too are taking the plunge and I booked one today! Really can't wait! The way they told me today was it's a card access only to the hallway for us and I think after a day or two we'll all of had a glimpse of one another so the chance of someone trying to get back there should be very minimal. She told me she booked 4 of these on our sailing in February of 2017 yesterday and they are becoming very popular. They look incredible and any day in any room at sea is a great day for me!!!!!! :) Especially in February in the Midwest!

Can't wait to hear the reviews and see some real pictures! :)

So excited!! We've been waiting for her to come out so we could "do" Carnival and Europe!! Timing was just always off before....

We're going to be looking closely at these for when she comes back to Miami later also. They are "adult" only so kids shouldn't be able to "climb over" as questioned here....we're a little concerned about the fact that it's so close to the bar which says will have live music at night....we're going to try and check that out while in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked #5240. Cabin closest to the pool. NICE! I like the fact that we can chat with people strolling on by. Maybe we'll meet some nice new friends and invite them into our "yard" for a cocktail! Sounds pretty perfect to me.

Just booked #5240. Cabin closest to the pool. NICE! I like the fact that we can chat with people strolling on by. Maybe we'll meet some nice new friends and invite them into our "yard" for a cocktail! Sounds pretty perfect to me.

You have a terrific attitude! What sailing did you book?

You have a terrific attitude! What sailing did you book?

Ha! Thanks! Jan. 28, 2017 (a looooong way off) 8 night Southern, but the cabanas are selling out quickly!

I want people to walk past my yard and say "Hey, how'd you get such a cool cabin?" I kind of hope they open it up in the evenings. We love to people watch and socialize.

So for anyone on the Jan 28 2017 Southern that wants to come and hang out in my yard, just drop on over!! I'll be in my lounger with a tall frosty something or other and a huge smile on my face.

Ha! Thanks! Jan. 28, 2017 (a looooong way off) 8 night Southern, but the cabanas are selling out quickly!

I want people to walk past my yard and say "Hey, how'd you get such a cool cabin?" I kind of hope they open it up in the evenings. We love to people watch and socialize.

So for anyone on the Jan 28 2017 Southern that wants to come and hang out in my yard, just drop on over!! I'll be in my lounger with a tall frosty something or other and a huge smile on my face.

I was hoping you would be on the May 1st Inaugural. We would be a few doors down in 5220 and would love to meet you.

Have a terrific cruise!

That is such a great attitude to have for one of those rooms. Wish I was on your sailing because I would stop by.

But I am like most everyone else - I get my balcony as a place to escape when being around the crowds gets too much. It's my private decompress area. Without even realizing it, I selected a cove balcony just as something to start with (we were on the Magic and I could not get any internet to research the room types). Boy am I ever glade we grabbed a cove. It appears to be the only quiet/private balconies on the ship....and now they are sold out.

Enjoy your Havana cabin - they look fabulous!

Edited by gone_cruisin

I was hoping you would be on the May 1st Inaugural. We would be a few doors down in 5220 and would love to meet you.

Have a terrific cruise!

Yes, that would have been fun. You have a great time too and I look forward to your reports when you get back!!