Easter in San Juan, PR

tfran8

Hello,

My cruise starts out on Easter Sunday in San Juan and I was wondering what I could expect that day - will everything be closed? I was hoping to spend the day sightseeing but not so sure now. Has anyone been on a previous year? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We embarked in San Juan on Easter Sunday last year. We arrived the night before and stayed at the Hilton? It's the big yellow hotel right across from the Carnival pier. Early Easter morning, DH and I got up and walked up to Fort Cristobal. (again, I think that's the name, it's the fort straight up the hill from the pier. From there we walked along the seawall toward El Morro. (It's around 7:30am) as we reached El Morro a sunrise church service was just ending. We made our way back through town. A few cafes were opening up, but not too many. Probably due to the early morning time. We went to the terminal around 10:30 and we let inside to "check in" around 11. It was about noon time they let us on the ship. It was raining off and on that day, so we went up to the serenity deck and spent the day in the hot tubs. We had the place to ourselves for about 2 hours.

This pic was our Easter Rainbow from Serenity Deck.

10313672_1553657694852381_2618848163118337934_n.jpg.9e7a3eea03f56d18cbb0a3fabd52231f.jpg

Edited by oregonjuli

My cruise leaves out on Easter. From the research I've done, you are able to visit either fort in OSJ as they are still open on the holiday from 9am-6pm. I contacted a few tour operators, and none were operating that day. We were hoping for a rainforest tour, but the forts will be equally as lovely instead.

My cruise leaves out on Easter. From the research I've done, you are able to visit either fort in OSJ as they are still open on the holiday from 9am-6pm. I contacted a few tour operators, and none were operating that day. We were hoping for a rainforest tour, but the forts will be equally as lovely instead.

Thanks for the info! I had just assumed the fort would be closed. I was planning on going on Saturday instead if I can talk the family into going again...they are just so beautiful!