Sunshine aft extended balcony cabin 6348 or 6375

JennyD1

Anyone stayed in either of these cabins? It is the first aft cabin after the wrap balcony. I wanted to know about the cabin layout. I remember someone posting about some of the aft balcony cabins where the TV's were on the wall behind the bed. You had to lay with your head at the foot of the bed to watch TV. Anybody had a room like this? Any pictures of either cabin would be appreciated. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yes I stayed in this room last april. Tv is just as you heard. Room is slightly smaller than the ones in the middle but still nice. Set up is a little different than most balconies, the vanity and closets are on the same side as the head of the bed, with a small table at the foot of bed in a corner. But still a nice room for two. Was our first aft facing cabin and now we are hooked on them. Sorry no pic.

We had the cabin next to the wrap last May ( I think it was 6375), the tv was mounted on the wall behind the bed. Our room steward says only ours and the one on opposite side of ship had them done that way. Plus there was no seating in the room, no sofa or chair. the balcony was nice as usual but I wouldn't get this room again.

Edited by sandij

We had the cabin next to the wrap last May ( I think it was 6375), the tv was mounted on the wall behind the bed. Our room steward says only ours and the one on opposite side of ship had them done that way. Plus there was no seating in the room, no sofa or chair. the balcony was nice as usual but I wouldn't get this room again.

Thanks for your reply. It's funny, because I will be in 6348 next week. I was on the Sunshine in February and I went and looked at 6348 to see the layout (as I was concerned for my upcoming cruise) and the TV was on the opposite wall from the bed, so maybe they changed them. The bathroom, TV and vanity were on one side and the closets, sofa and bed were on the other side.

Thanks for your reply. It's funny, because I will be in 6348 next week. I was on the Sunshine in February and I went and looked at 6348 to see the layout (as I was concerned for my upcoming cruise) and the TV was on the opposite wall from the bed, so maybe they changed them. The bathroom, TV and vanity were on one side and the closets, sofa and bed were on the other side.

Jenny, was the balcony in this room covered at all? Thanks so much.

• 1 year later...

Hey. We'll be staying in 6348 on our upcoming Sunshine cruise in September. Just out of curiosity, was there a sofa in this room? Earlier in the thread someone said there wasn't. Not a big deal of course, just curious because the sofa is usually our place for any goodies purchased during the cruise. Any info would be appreciated. :)

We stayed in 6375 last September the cabin was set up like other balconies on the Sunshine with a sofa and the TV mounted across from the bed the only difference was a little less shelving. It seemed to us that the balcony was slightly larger than the cabin (not the wrap) next to us.

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed in 6375 last September the cabin was set up like other balconies on the Sunshine with a sofa and the TV mounted across from the bed the only difference was a little less shelving. It seemed to us that the balcony was slightly larger than the cabin (not the wrap) next to us.

That's great. Should be the same for 6348. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to cruising the Sunshine in September!

Anyone stayed in either of these cabins? It is the first aft cabin after the wrap balcony. I wanted to know about the cabin layout. I remember someone posting about some of the aft balcony cabins where the TV's were on the wall behind the bed. You had to lay with your head at the foot of the bed to watch TV. Anybody had a room like this? Any pictures of either cabin would be appreciated. Thanks

These cabins seem to have no sofa or coffee table, even though the details on the Carnival web site say they do. Go to Deck plans, Carnival Sunshine, click on Deck 6 and then 360 degree layout or floor plan. There are no sofas or coffee tables in these layouts, but the details say they do. Stayed in one of these smaller ext aft on Breeze and was very disappointed. Balcony is normal ext aft size, but room is much smaller, esp if you have to lay at end of bed to see the tv. Get a middle ext aft.

Hey. We'll be staying in 6348 on our upcoming Sunshine cruise in September. Just out of curiosity, was there a sofa in this room? Earlier in the thread someone said there wasn't. Not a big deal of course, just curious because the sofa is usually our place for any goodies purchased during the cruise. Any info would be appreciated. :)

Yes, there was a sofa. Great room, you will love it.

Would those odd TV set ups be the same on deck 5? Or no, because there are no aft wraps on that deck?

I don't believe so, but check Sunshine Deck 5 Plans on the carnival website. Click on the cabin and check out the details, 360 degree views, floor plan. that should tell you what you want to know. Don't depend on PVP's b/c sometimes they are mistaken. Good luck!