Pool Deck Atmosphere

biga92

Hi everyone!

I like to think I am a seasoned cruiser, though I always go with family. This is my first time on a cruise with just a friend. Since she is not into cruises, I've taken it upon myself to do as much research and planning the cruise.

Although I normally travel with Royal Caribbean, we decided to go on the Celebrity Reflection. It will be my first Celebrity (first non-RCCL ship really, even though Celebrity is owned by Royal) so I am sure I will be a pest in the upcoming month with as many questions as I can think of...Prepare!

Anyways, one of the things I enjoy the most about the cruises I have been on is the atmosphere of the pool deck. I love the Solarium, but the nice Caribbean music and laid back atmosphere of the cruise decks I have been on is wonderful and very relaxing. The feel is just overall very vacationy and Caribbean.

I was wondering, is it similar on Celebrity? (Specifically the Celebrity Reflection)

I really do not understand why the Caribbean type music (and bands) have all but been eliminated on Celebrity and RCCL ships. I can understand if the ship is NOT in the Caribbean, but to me, the music sets the stage for a relaxing Caribbean cruise. I miss it! :(

For the last several cruises, I have been taking my old Kindle that has the built in MPV player. I don't have an iPod. I downloaded Caribbean, Beach and Classical music to it. I slip on my earbuds and read while listening to my music.

There was live music on Silhouette at Christmas at the pool, every day, by four different acts. The band, Soul, who were all musicians from the Caribbean (but played neither soul nor caribbean music), a duo Carilie and the King (classic easy rock), a DJ accompanied by a sax player (better than it sounds), and a solo guitarist/singer whose name escapes me (but could have been Jason Mraz).

A sampling of poolside music and activities from the Reflection dailies 1/3/15 Eastern. Mostly chill out music in the morning and maybe some pop getting closer to noon. Programs generally noon until 4pm on sea days. Port days are sailaway parties.

Day 1

2pm Xtasea House Band

4pm Sizzle Latin Party

Day 2

Noon Xtasea

1pm Steel Pan Music w/ Stan the Pan Man

2pm Chill Out Session with DJ TX

3pm Guest v Guests volleyball

Day 3

1pm Zumba

2pm Steel Drum Music

3pm DJ TX

Day 4 & 5

4:30 Sailaway party DJ TX

Day 6

12:30 Xtasea House Band

1pm Thriller Flash Mob

1:30 Volleyball

2:00 DJ TX

2:00 Officers v Guests Volleyball

4pm Pool Olympix

Was on the Jan 3 sailing of reflection the solarium was a very quiet peaceful area tho pool was cold. Never had a problem finding a spot. Pool area was hopping and very busy but could always find a spot on upper deck. Not as much activities as royal but a very nice vacation atmosphere. Celebrity is always our first choice if price is right