Message for Kruzseeka

To change to subject a bit, have you got your cabin allocated yet Joe? We haven't but some who are going after us have :(

Not yet Linda. The general consensus between the other forums and fb is we get to know 2weeks before.

I expect it is because we are newbies to P&O and have to wait our turn, and know our place ;) Those high up in the Peninsular Club probably get allocated first :D:D

:D Yes and we know at least some who would take that view! :D

But I think it's what has already been mentioned - probably has to do with fare category. Those paying Select fare and have chosen their cabins and don't want any other are sorted. Those who have paid Select and want a possible complementary upgrade are best off waiting until as late as possible to see what frees up in a higher category.

Early savers come next, then the latest deals 'Savers' get sorted out last and as cabins continue to be sold those who purchased earlier potentially get pushed up the categories. We ended up on both Early Saver (one month notice of cabin number) and Saver (am now reminded that was more like two weeks before departure) with improved cabin categories. Still the same type of cabin but in better locations. You know how they have different codes for the same cabin type depending on whether fore, midships or aft and high or low decks well as I understand it your initial booking gives you the lowest grading of that category but I think you keep getting shuffled along into better locations as more (possibly cheaper priced bookings) are taken. I might have this round my neck but we certainly got better location cabins than our initial booking on every trip.

So from that point of view, the later you hear, I reckon the better your chance of improvement. Hopefully! ;)

:D Yes and we know at least some who would take that view! :D

But I think it's what has already been mentioned - probably has to do with fare category. Those paying Select fare and have chosen their cabins and don't want any other are sorted. Those who have paid Select and want a possible complementary upgrade are best off waiting until as late as possible to see what frees up in a higher category.

Early savers come next, then the latest deals 'Savers' get sorted out last and as cabins continue to be sold those who purchased earlier potentially get pushed up the categories. We ended up on both Early Saver (one month notice of cabin number) and Saver (am now reminded that was more like two weeks before departure) with improved cabin categories. Still the same type of cabin but in better locations. You know how they have different codes for the same cabin type depending on whether fore, midships or aft and high or low decks well as I understand it your initial booking gives you the lowest grading of that category but I think you keep getting shuffled along into better locations as more (possibly cheaper priced bookings) are taken. I might have this round my neck but we certainly got better location cabins than our initial booking on every trip.

So from that point of view, the later you hear, I reckon the better your chance of improvement. Hopefully! ;)

I think that sums it up perfectly.

The Christmas Cruise we did on oceana was only booked about 3 weeks before and we had the worst possible cabin low deck at the front. It was very rough!!! Hoping for a better cabin this time as the cruise is still up for sale.

Doesn't it say something about the p&o forum when we Thomson regulars/defectors are discussing p&o logistics here?

Doesn't it say something about the p&o forum when we Thomson regulars/defectors are discussing p&o logistics here?

Doesn't it just! :rolleyes:

So sad really - the general 'feel' is one of where if you put a foot wrong or fail to match up to some people's opinions of the 'type' of person who should be allowed to cruise - especially with them - then you are likely to draw fire. I'm sure it's literally a handful of folks but it sours things and makes you think twice about posting.

How sad especially since almost everyone we've met on board has been very pleasant.

Edited by kruzseeka

I think that sums it up perfectly.

The Christmas Cruise we did on oceana was only booked about 3 weeks before and we had the worst possible cabin low deck at the front. It was very rough!!! Hoping for a better cabin this time as the cruise is still up for sale.

I see you asked the question, Joe, and received civil replies.:)

I'm a coward and just posted mine on here especially as it was a dress question. :o

By the way for anyone who is interested I only kept one of the six dresses I ordered. I was never going to keep them all but I looked like someones maiden aunt in most of them :eek:. So I've decided to go as myself and they can like it or lump it.

Looks like it will be next Sunday for us Linda......

Hope you got a nice cabin Vera

Me too Vera.

Shall be on the old laptop/Nexus/phone from dawn next Sunday then. No difference there then, lol

It could be Saturday. (I thought it was tuesday yesterday:o. Another senior moment.:))

Edited by happy v

A little extra for Joe and Linda.

The details appeared on the c.p. yesterday, an e-ticket with cabin, boarding and gate and dock information and some snazzy luggage labels however a note at the bottom said not to print them out yet as the information may be updated.

So you may only get half the information on Saturday.

By the way are you two going on the same cruise?

The details appeared on the c.p. yesterday, an e-ticket with cabin, boarding and gate and dock information and some snazzy luggage labels however a note at the bottom said not to print them out yet as the information may be updated.

Yes we are Vera, but we are only doing 10 days and Joe is doing 17 days.

Thanks for the info about the tickets. Looks like Kruzseeka's info is correct and you might yet be moved up a grade :)

Yes we are Vera, but we are only doing 10 days and Joe is doing 17 days.

Thanks for the info about the tickets. Looks like Kruzseeka's info is correct and you might yet be moved up a grade :)

Thanks Vera.

And just 15 days to go, Linda!!! :)

We are happy with our cabin allocation as well. Deck C midships for us, and deck B for M & D. :-) :-)

I class this as an upgrade as last time we booked a saver on Oceana we were in the bowels are the front.

Edited by joeholiday2

We are happy with our cabin allocation as well. Deck C midships for us, and deck B for M & D. :-) :-)

I class this as an upgrade as last tifme we booked a saver on Oceana we were in the bowels are the front.

Glad you are happy with your allocation joe. Have a great time. :)

Linda and Joe and families, Hope you all have a great time. Looking forward to hearing about it as we may try P and O or Fred for an ex UK. Getting close now, so bet you are all excited and have your plans made for exciting things to do. Have fun. xx

PS. My Ray wants to know if he would be accepted in MDR on P and O in smart trousers, shirt and dickie bow as he doesn't have ( or want ) a jacket or DJ.

Edited by gillhalfpint

Got an email today - C343 near the front lifts :)

I class this as an upgrade as last time we booked a saver on Oceana we were in the bowels are the front.

I'm glad you're both sorted now.

I'm getting really excited. It's the most I've looked forward to a holiday for a long time.