have you gone on both the dream and the sunshine?

Dream for sure...but, our Sunshine was a Med cruise and the Dream was a NYE cruise.

I can tell you my daughters (ages 15, 13, 11 or so) preferred the Sunshine. They loved the sports deck & associated area on the Sunshine. Plus kids tended to be nicer on the Sunshine, but that was more a product of the people on board than the ship.

Sunshine, it had better food options and a better Serenity. But the Dream was fine, just very crowded which didn't really bother me much as it was expected. Some people here will say the Sunshine is very crowded and the Serenity is noisy due to the TV. Neither of those bothered me on either ship so.....as long as I can get food, drink and have a private cabin to get to when I want to all is good.

Food was a draw, we liked them both.

Edited by fuddrules

I was on the Dream over Thanks Giving 2009 with 1300 kids onboard and on the Sunshine last January, so in my case the Dream felt much more crowded. I think the Sunshine offers more entertainment for children because they added a complete waterworks during her revitalization. Prefer Sunshine's Lido deck because of the Red Frog Bar, blue Iguana Cantina and Tequila Bar and Guy's B Joint. When it comes to dining i have to say i ate all 7 nights in the specialty restaurants. 1 @ 555, 1 @ Bonsai, 1 @ Cuchina and 4 times @ Jiji's enhancing my overall cruise experience.

Definitely the Dream over the Sunshine. When you take a small ship like the Destiny and cram all of the 2.0 upgrades and more cabins, into it, you still have a small ship, just a lot more crowded. Beautify ship, just poor configuration and difficult to get around.

Choose the Dream Class ships, Dream, Magic, or Breeze. Or better yet, the new Vista class.

I preferred the Dream over the Sunshine for All of it. The Sunshine is a great ship and I enjoyed the serenity area of hers over the Dream, but only enjoyed it on port days.. When most were off the ship. I did not like the main pool area as it felt very closed in to me.. But the Sunshine is a diff class than the Dream. So I was not used to the stadium type seating at the pool... But it did make for a better movie watch at night... Haha.. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of them. I won't try and confuse you more....

Edited by kellbellscruise

I have been on both and even with out Guys I preferred the Dream, it it larger but had a better layout. The Sunshine just had a very cramped feel, I enjoyed it, but felt it could have been done so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds to me like,both ships can be crowded but dream is larger and so it doesn't "feel" as crowded????

This is my main concern with both ships to be honest. I would love to try the Italian restaurant and the guys place but dont want it to be miserable due to crowds.

I value all of your opinions and i am paying close attention to these responses.

Any further advice to help me decide would be great.

The dream itenerary are places ive been before and the sunshine all dif ports for me...aruba...curiaco....grand turk...

So between the dream and sunshine:

1. Which ship felt the most crowded?

2. Which ship offered the most entertainment for families...without camp carnival because my kids dont participate in the program.

3. Which lido deck do you prefer?

4. Which ship did you prefer overall for dining?

I have been on both. Here are my thoughts.

1. Tie (both seemed crowded to me)

2. Sunshine

3. Dream

4. Sunshine

I didn't care for the Dream at all. It seemed really crowded to me (especially in the food areas. The comedy club was crowded but I don't go to Comedy anyway. The food on the Dream was terrible (except for the Steakhouse). I went to every restaurant on the Sunshine (except for JiJi Asian) and I loved all of them. I would pick the Sunshine over the dream any day.

It sounds to me like,both ships can be crowded but dream is larger and so it doesn't "feel" as crowded????

This is my main concern with both ships to be honest. I would love to try the Italian restaurant and the guys place but dont want it to be miserable due to crowds.

I value all of your opinions and i am paying close attention to these responses.

Any further advice to help me decide would be great.

The dream itenerary are places ive been before and the sunshine all dif ports for me...aruba...curiaco....grand turk...

There was never a long wait at Guy's or at Cucina. If you want in the evenings for dinner you can make reservations to guarantee a table.