Wifi issues on the breeze

jp12687

Hey

So I am on the breeze using the wifi and while the speeds aren't that bad. However it seems that any website accessed through https instead of http don't seem to work. I am on the $99 unlimited "premium" plan and can't get a bunch of websites to load. Every non "s" website seems to work. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this? The guest services team on board was pretty useless as wifi is "new"

Thanks

While at it....are u trying their new Fun Hub app??

Yes I am. It's mildy useful as an on hand fun times...however it's not easy to just browse you kinda got to know what you're looking for. The pages load slow. Best feature is viewing S&S card balance. Missing most features that will make it worth while such as:

Menus

Dinner reservations

Spa reservations

Booked excursions/booking excursions

Pixel photo viewing (dreaming of a better photo system)

Oh and also if you buy any of the Internet plans they still want $5 to use the "chat" feature in the app. If you pay $99 for Internet acccess they should include that.

Also I fixed my ssl issue by running everything through a VPN. Which luckily I can do however not everyone will have that option and nowhere in any of the info does it say you can't log into a secure site. Big fail from carnival

It's too bad the menus aren't in the Fun Hub app yet. Have you used the chat/group chat feature? This is the functionality I believe our group of 13 will find most useful. The kids may also find the deck maps helpful as well.

Great feedback on using VPN for secure site access. Surely they'll get this issue fixed soon as I can't imagine non-geek, non-vpn users will be very happy without https access.

It's too bad the menus aren't in the Fun Hub app yet. Have you used the chat/group chat feature? This is the functionality I believe our group of 13 will find most useful. The kids may also find the deck maps helpful as well.

Great feedback on using VPN for secure site access. Surely they'll get this issue fixed soon as I can't imagine non-geek, non-vpn users will be very happy without https access.

We did not use that Onship chat. Couldn't justify spending $5 after spending $99 on Internet. When you buy a package they should include chat in case you have friends/family/kids who don't have full internet

We did not use that Onship chat. Couldn't justify spending $5 after spending $99 on Internet. When you buy a package they should include chat in case you have friends/family/kids who don't have full internet

It is currently free...

Nope $5 to activate

Screen shot from a few minutes ago

Since when was this? The last report said it was still beta testing with no confirmed end date.

Perhaps your sailing is the first one?

Edited by Pixelate

I agree they should combine the Fun Hub app with the premium internet package or at least reduce the fee. We won't be purchasing internet however and will only use the app. I'm looking forward to a week of falling off the face of the earth.

With this Fun Hub.... are you able to post pictures on Facebook while sailing for the $5.oo fee?

No you can't, if you want to do that you need to get the $5 per day or $25 for the cruise social media plan. This plan works for Face Book.

We just got off the Breeze last Sunday and had the $99 plan. I thought the speed was pretty slow and was disappointed. We used it on the Freedom last month and it was much better.

• 1 month later...
No you can't, if you want to do that you need to get the $5 per day or $25 for the cruise social media plan. This plan works for Face Book.

We just got off the Breeze last Sunday and had the $99 plan. I thought the speed was pretty slow and was disappointed. We used it on the Freedom last month and it was much better.

If you buy the $99 plan is it tied to one device? Can I use my phone and then "log out" and use an iPad?

We were on the Breeze last week also. We paid $99 for the unlimited plan and also paid $5 each for DH and I. At the beginning of the cruise it was great. So much faster than in the past. We put our phones on airplane mode and I loved being able to access the internet from our phones in our cabin. Further into the cruise though it got slower and slower. I eventually stopped even trying to get on because it would just sit there and spin. I thought maybe it was because we were doing the southern route and service has always slowed in the past when we cruised this route.

The chat app came in handy when the rough seas were getting to me one night and I was able to message DH to get me some soup before the buffet closed. We also used it on the last night when we had to wait to eat in the MDR. DH went down and finished packing and I let him know when our buzzer went off.