To book or not to book that is the question!?

We are in Cozumel Saturday February 14th. First time on the Elation and Cozumel. There are so many mixed reviews on booking or not booking a port excursion.

I am traveling with my 2 daughters and a niece (in their 20's) and my 6 yo . I have considered between the All Inclusive Chankanaab Park Beach Day and sea Lion show VS. the not inclusive Chankanaab Park Beach and sea Lion show. Although, My first pick was the All inclusive Passion Island by Catamaran, however I don't know if using up almost 2 hours to go back and forth is worth the time and money.

So to all you seasoned cruisers who have been to Cozumel on a short cruise, what do you all recommend?

Thank you!!!

There are quite a few nice beaches/fun parks on Cozumel a cab ride from the pier that take "walk in Parties". They have restaurants, shopping, kids water playground, equipment rental, servers on the beach, beach chairs and umbrellas etc. A much better value with lots more flexibility than a tour. Cabs are everywhere at the port, easily fit 4 adults and a child and the cost is posted not negotiated. There are also numerous cabs to pick you back up at the end of the day. Check the port threads to get some nice recommendations.

Unless you plan to go to the ruins, which is an all day thing, I see no need to book an excursion in Cozumel. Lots of taxis with posted prices to a variety of beaches. Even if you go to the East Side, you can do so without an excursion. Just watch your time. Cozumel is a very doable port on your own.