Ocho Rios Beach?

weston gal

We will be in Ocho Rios in a couple of weeks. I had originally planned to walk to the beach which is within walking distance of the pier. We have never been to this port and just wanted to spend a couple of hours relaxing on the beach. The problem is, we are in our 70s and from what I have recently read on the boards, you have to pass many aggressive vendors when you go past the gate. Has any recently done this. I would have to change my plan if this is the case.

Tried to do the same. No beach near port. Most of the "protected" and "private" beaches are part of resorts such as the RIU Day Pass. Our driver did not want us to visit a "public beach". After asking 100 questions, now we know why...keep to the government protected beaches, as simple as that :cool:

We are going to Ocho Rios in May and I have been researching the same thing.:)

Turtle Beach is a short walk from the ship, it is a public beach with a small fee to get in and you can rent chairs. Margaritaville right at the port also has a small beach.