Cape Liberty parkers beware!!!

I drove in the rain over the weekend and it's terrible. When it first happened, I (with my fingernail) took the paint off the driver's side window so at least I can see somewhat out of there. Not sure about air conditioning, I know we had it on when we came home. Still waiting to hear back from adjuster.

Adjustor came last Friday. Dropped off the truck on Monday and got it back at lunch time today (Wednesday).

Hard to tell how good a job they did with the car covered in rain. I did see some smaller specks on the rubber parts, but I probably won't worry about them. The metal and windows seem cleaned. Looks like it cost about $800 to repair.

The ins. adjuster just approved getting replacement parts for my car since the paint specks don't dome off the plastic and rubber. The total is $1,400 AND THEY ARE PAYING FOR IT! The only thing I had to lay out was for the rental car and they will reimburse me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know who still has not had their car repaired: insurance company finally paid $1,819 to fix car. Yes, it is to my satisfaction. Plus, they paid for 7 or 8 days car rental of $300+.

FINALLY IT IS OVER!!!!

Don't think I will ever park in Bayonne again.

Just to let everyone know who still has not had their car repaired: insurance company finally paid $1,819 to fix car. Yes, it is to my satisfaction. Plus, they paid for 7 or 8 days car rental of $300+.

FINALLY IT IS OVER!!!!

Don't think I will ever park in Bayonne again.

Good to know that it will hopefully work out for me in the end too. I am still waiting. Did they make you sign a release for the original estimated amount? They want me to sign a release for THEIR estimate that lets them off the hook for anything over their amount, then get the work done. If the work goes over, they said that they would have to do a supplemental appraisal for the difference. It doesn't sound right to me so I am refusing to sign it until I know that the car can be cleaned(insurance says yes, autobody says no). It has been 2 months, and my appointment to bring the car in to try and clean it isn't until 12/5. So this paint will be on my black car for 3 months in the heat, cold, and probably snow by then. We'll see.

Archived