Cape Liberty parkers beware!!!

I sent an email to RCI. This was their response.

Dear Ms. Lerner:

Thank you for your email, regarding the above referenced cruise. In addition to this, we truly apologize for the inconvenience occurred with your car while it was parked in the parking lot at Cape Liberty Port. The port was conducting a project and in error sprayed a few cars. However, please contact the Bayonne Drydock 201 823 9296 and ask for Ken Petterson, he will be able to assist you with this matter.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Tavi Vilorio

Customer Service Representative

Contact Stephanie Hayes at 518-346-4460

Stephanie is the claims rep assigned by Crawford & Co to handle this specific claim. Her phone is ringing off the hook (at least it was while I was on the phone), so many of you apparently already have her name and number.

Stephanie explained that they will be sending adjusters to look at the damage, and then they will either contract with local autobody shops to repair (at no cost to us) or if you are not local to NJ (I'm in Massachusetts), they will likely have us choose an autobody shop and they will negotiate a price with that shop (again, at no cost to us).

Stephanie is working out of her house, and it sounds like she's the only one working on this, so that is probably why we haven't been contacted yet, although I now feel fairly comfortable that this will be resolved.

Good luck,

Andre

Contact Stephanie Hayes at 518-346-4460

Stephanie is the claims rep assigned by Crawford & Co to handle this specific claim. Her phone is ringing off the hook (at least it was while I was on the phone), so many of you apparently already have her name and number.

Stephanie explained that they will be sending adjusters to look at the damage, and then they will either contract with local autobody shops to repair (at no cost to us) or if you are not local to NJ (I'm in Massachusetts), they will likely have us choose an autobody shop and they will negotiate a price with that shop (again, at no cost to us).

Stephanie is working out of her house, and it sounds like she's the only one working on this, so that is probably why we haven't been contacted yet, although I now feel fairly comfortable that this will be resolved.

Good luck,

Andre

Thanks for the information. I called Stephanie and she said that an adjuster would be calling me to arrange an appointment to look at the damage.

Finally some progress! I am sure that they have at least 600 claims on this if you add up all the cars that were in the lot the week our cars were damaged(both RCI and Celeb psgrs.), plus all the claims from people earlier this summer that did not realize what happened. Stephanie is going to be one busy woman.

Sounds like you kow what you're doing . Do I detect any significance to your screen name? Good for you, tracking down someone willing to help.

I've already started the ball rolling with my ins co. The adjuster looked at my car today & was shocked! He had seen another car on Fri which was also parked at the pier but, he said my car was REALLY bad and is writing an estimate for "the works" And if need be, a full paint job! Remember, Bayonne Dry Dock said "no parts" however, the adjuster agreed that parts will probably have to be replaced (windshield wipers, etc) I've chosen to go through my ins co. I'm too busy to "chase". They have assured me I will get back my deductible once they recoup their monies. So for now, I'm only out $150. But for those of you with a higher deductible, follow BosLaw's lead.

I still feel that Celebrity & RCCL have some blame in this and should warn future cruisers parking there since we are not the first. (Yea right) I mean I love cruising & ships, but I don't want my car to be painted battle ship gray!!!!!

Gert

So now after speaking to Stephanie yesterday and her telling me an adjuster will call me, I get a msg this morning from Ken Petersen telling me to call "Professional Overspraying" in Bayonne and that the insurance company will know about it. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do now.

I would call them -- one more contact can only help. Even if you get conflicting info, it's better (for everyone) to get as much info as possible. If two parties conflict, we can use one against the other to get the best possible result. You're the first one that seems to have gotten this info, so please let us know what they say.

So now after speaking to Stephanie yesterday and her telling me an adjuster will call me, I get a msg this morning from Ken Petersen telling me to call "Professional Overspraying" in Bayonne and that the insurance company will know about it. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do now.

At this point, I think I would follow Stephanie's lead. If you are in doubt, I would call her and ask her if that it what you should do.

That's what I'm going to do, call Stephanie back first. Because #1) I live in Staten Island, #2)work full time in NYC, #3) only have one car. I was counting on adjuster coming to my house for estimate and then taking it from there. Will let everyone know what Stephanie says.

Just to bring you all up to date: I called Gloria on Monday to report the problem and she took my info and said someone from Crawford and Company would be calling me in 48 hours. I also followed up with a fax to Ken Peterson with the whole story. I plan on calling this Stephanie tomorrow since I have yet to hear from anyone at Crawford. In the meantime, I cc'd 7 on Your Side (WABC), Shame on You (WCBS), Ask Asa (WNBC), the I Team at News Channel 12, the Better Business Bureau, the NJ Department of COnsumer Affairs and the NJ Department of ENvironmental Protection.

I have a customized handicapped accessible minivan that looks like may need replacement parts (i.e. windshield wipers, weather stripping/molding, luggage rack, grill, etc)

I'll keep you all informed.

I have had email correspondence with Ken and he has been extremely personable and helpful with the whole thing.

They will have an on-site professional overspray removal service (Professor Overspray) at the drydock. Living relatively close to Bayonne, my wife will be taking our car over to have them take care of it. Two to three hours and it's all done - no estimate needed, no need to leave the car.

We should be all done with this within the next few days.

Howard

I got my call this moring from an adjuster at Crawford & Co. to come and look at my car. He will be here on Friday morning. It only took a week from the time I called Ken's office and left my info with Gloria to get the call. Since it's not practical for me to go to Bayonne, I will have to have it cleaned locally.

So now I got in touch with Overspray Professionals (since Stephanie Hayes nor any adjuster has called me back). Overspray says they're doing cars at the Bayonne Drydock during the week and possibly on a Sat. I'll have to call back to make an appt. since we both work full time and only have one car.

I never heard back from Ken Peterson so I called Stephanie on my own. I finally got a hold of her on Tuesday. She said she had just sent off a list with the names and numbers to her main office and that the appraisers have 3 days to contact people and set up appointments. She also told me that if I do not hear from them by Monday to call her back. I still have not heard from an appraiser yet, but still hopeful.

Yesterday when I went on this thread thought You people were finally getting somewhere with having your vehicles taken care of. This is just terrible. You are getting some run around. Keep calling and don't give up! We are going on 9/23 and have this to look forward too. Have purchased a huge tarp and hopefully this will help. So sorry, You all had to have this aggravation & upsetment at the end of your cruise. Can't believe RCCL hasn't stepped up to the plate as they say to help their passengers out! Ike

Archived