Anyone Else Ill - Ecstasy Sailing Jan 19-23?

Fydlstyx

Just off the Ecstasy Friday. I became very sick Thursday night while still on board and actually spoke to a couple of people who also experienced symptoms. I have been home four days and am just hoping it soon subsides.

I am curious if others on this sailing got sick, as well. When I mentioned to a cabin steward that I felt there was a number of us with similar symptoms, he was very quick to brush it off.

Sherry

I was on from the 23rd to the 26th, no problems...

Good! I hope you enjoyed your cruise. :)

I was a bit concerned for the next group boarding, since it didn't seem like any extra disinfecting was going to be done!

Good! I hope you enjoyed your cruise. :)

I was a bit concerned for the next group boarding, since it didn't seem like any extra disinfecting was going to be done!

I didn't notice anything going on. I have seen them cleaning things and disinfecting in the past, I'm sure I would have noticed that. :eek:

May I all, what symptoms are you or were you experiencing?

Dizziness, stomach cramping, throwing up, seriously bad diarrhea, feeling shaky and weak. Today is the first day that I have actually not felt badly since I got back.

Sounds like the normal stomach flu that goes around here in the late fall and winter time. You could have been exposed before your trip or by someone who became ill after already on the cruise.

Our hospitals are full of influenza and stomach flu elderly people right now...turning away patients and sending them elsewhere.

Hope you feel better soon & get your strength back !

Sounds like the normal stomach flu that goes around here in the late fall and winter time. You could have been exposed before your trip or by someone who became ill after already on the cruise.

Our hospitals are full of influenza and stomach flu elderly people right now...turning away patients and sending them elsewhere.

Hope you feel better soon & get your strength back !

I am better now, thank goodness!

It wasn't the flu...I had actually had the flu a few weeks prior to my trip. This was hellish. I am very much convinced I contracted an illness on board. The fact that others were ill as well really reinforced that idea for me. Obviously, it was not the fault of the cruise line or anyone else - I just was bothered that my steward quickly silenced me and brushed off the possibility that there was something being passed around the ship. It was the last day of cruising and it seemed they simply did not want to deal with the possibility, you know?

If I was the next person boarding and staying in the same cabin I had, I would hope it would be disinfected. :eek:

Edited to add that no matter where I picked up the "bug" or why, or what it was, I'd get right back on that cruise ship in a New York minute. lol

Edited by Fydlstyx