recent Dream cruisers-do they have Mardi Gras parade onboard

cruse2loose

We will be cruising on the Dream Mardi Gras day and will be in Cozumel. This day or the sea day before would be the best day for a Mardi Gras parade as there are never any Mardi Gras celebrations during the somber days of lent.

Since we are in a cove balcony very low and close to the dock in Cozumel, I wonder if they would allow us to throw Mardi Gras beads to people on the dock?

Yup, they do. I was on the Dream last week and the Mardi Gras party/parade was held in the Atrium during the late evening of our second day at sea (Friday night, starting at 10:30 pm, I believe). It was clearly posted in the Fun Times.

However, we also had a non-Carnival planned Mardi Gras parade earlier in the day on the Lido deck. It was a really large group - the Krewe of Vince Vance and the Valiants - and it was a blast. Lots of music, dancing, throwing of beads and singing "When the Saints Go Marching In" from everyone. It was a brilliant way to explain to my son what Mardi Gras parades were all about, and it was all G-rated.

IMHO, Vince Vance put on a MUCH better Mardi Gras parade than the Carnival Dream Krewe.