Puerto Vallarta Shore Excursion

kidlessatsea

Good Morning!

I was recommended the Las Caletas shore excursion for when we visit Puerto Vallarta in November. I have so many questions I don't know where to start...

I looked for the excursion separate from Carnival and it is $109 per adult and $79 per child (ages 4-11). There is a little Adventure place for kids ages 4-11 to play.

Looking at Carnival online, well...here is the link to the page: http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/305011

The page shows $100 for adults and $70 for kids.

My kids are 15 and 4. I know I need to pay the adult fee for my 15 year old but the text for the kids is listed as follows:

Children 5 and under are FREE!!

Child rates applicable for kids ages 5-12 (meaning 5 is not free??)

Child is considered 4-12 (so 4 and 5 are not free??)

You see where I'm confused?

It also says the adventure park is for ages 6-11 (must be 1 meter tall). What six year old isn't at least 3' tall?

I digress. Has anyone been on this? Will my four year old be able to do the adventure park? Should I book through the cruise line or through the vendor directly?

I called Carnival and they said "5 and under is free" and the adventure park is for 6-11. The reviews on their website though sound like lots of people brought their 4 and 5 year olds and were able to do the activity.

I hope I'm making sense. I'm so confused and not sure what to do.

I almost hate to post to this, but my Bride and I have brought our kids and grandkids to PV, more than once.....if you have never been there, I would recommend that you grab a cab at the cruise terminal and take it to the pier in old town (~$15 for the four of you)...then walk the Malecon back towards the cruise docks. You will find a lot of great and cheap places to shop and to eat. The Malecon is a wide and pleasant walk, has great people to meet, and affords lots of opportunities to be "touristy". The Malecon follows the bay, and is truly a safe and wonderful place to view PV. The monies you save from the excursion will more than pay for your food, beverages, and trinkets. Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

Vallarta Adventures is the excursion operator. They are under contract to the cruise industry and under the terms of the contract, they are not allowed to book excursions direct with cruise ship passengers. You must book through Carnival.

This is one of those rare times when it is cheaper through the cruise line. Upon arrival at Las Caletas, Vallarta Adventures rules are in effect. Their Web site indicates the Kids Adventure Park is for kids 4-11 and the youngster must be at least a meter tall. Children age 12 and older are classified as adults.

Don't over think this. Use Canival's pricing structure to book the excursion and Vallarta Adventures' age classification structure when you get there.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers